September 2011 Moms

Bathing suit ?

They are all over the stores now and I can't resist.  But I'm becoming more and more confused about the sizing.  They look so tiny.  Emily has been in the size for her age range so far so I'm assuming she will trend that way until the summer time.  Do I buy the 12 month size or go big and buy the 18 month size?  FTM here so maybe I can get some insight into this from the BTDT moms?  Thanks!!

And btw, Target has so super cute girls bathing suits!!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Bathing suit ?

• DD wore a 12 month suit her first summer and she was an August baby.  We kept her in a two piece because it was easier to change the swim diaper.  She got a 18 month suit for her birthday.  It was a one-piece and was a little tight with the swim diaper...partly because she was so long.  IMO, I would wait to see how big your LO gets before buying a swim suit given that they have to fit snug enough not to fall off and be big enough to fit with a swim diaper...unless you don't use public pools and don't need the diaper.
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers Image and video hosting by TinyPic Follow Me on Pinterest
  • My mom bought B one recently too and it looks really small.  She got her a 6-9 though (we live in AZ and go swimming earlier) I'm mostly concerned about the swim diapers, but I figure we will start with this one, see how it works, and then buy more when summer actually comes.
  • Loading the player...
  • Thanks for the information ladies! 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"