January 2012 Moms

Almost Induction Schedule Mixup

DH and I have spent this past weekend mentally preparing for having to go in tonight to start the induction process.  We had an appointment with the doctor today just to check on things before we went in.

We saw a different doctor than the one we saw last week, and she starts to tell us that she didn't think I was going in tonight because the schedule was filled up.  DH and I were pissed!  Not only had we had to psychologically adjust to the idea of induction, we had called family and told them when they could expect us to have the baby.  Plus DH had already asked for this whole week off of work in anticipation of having the baby tomorrow.  We explain that the doctor last week was talking like it was a sure thing that today would be the day, so she goes out to make some phone calls.

It turns out the doctor last week had indeed put us on the schedule for induction.  It just wasn't entirely clear to her for some reason that we had been put on the schedule.  DH and I breathed a sigh of relief.

Good news is I'm finally 1 cm dilated and 50% effaced, so my chances of needing a c-section decreases.  We have to go back to the doctor in a couple hours for a growth ultrasound (their schedule was backed up) just to check on his size before we go in tonight.

July '15 siggy challenge: Thanksgiving fails
Lilypie Maternity tickers
imageDaisypath Anniversary tickers
PitaPata Cat tickersPitaPata Cat tickers

Re: Almost Induction Schedule Mixup

• Excited for you! =D

Together - 11/9/08
         Married - 7/10/10
         Nt/Np - 1/14/11
        BFP! - 5/20/11 EDD - 1/25/12
        It's a girl! - 9/7/11
        A family of 3 - 2/2/12
        Nt/Np - 4/15/12
         BFP! - 5/16/13  EDD - 1/22/14
         Discovered baby's not growing w/ no heartbeat - 6/7/13      
        Natural M/C @ 6.5w - 6/15/13
        Nt/Np - 6/25/13
        BFP! - 10/25/13  EDD - 7/1/14
        Missed M/C (natural) - 11/5/13 @ 6w
        Nt/Np - 11/17/13
         BFP! - 5/29/14  EDD - 2/7/15
         It's a girl! - 9/19/14
        A family of 4 - 2/13/15
        Nt/Np - 4/9/15
        BFP! - 4/1/16  EDD - 12/05/16
    It's a boy! - 7/19/16
    A family of 5 - 12/10/16
    DH vasectomy - 3/30/17

Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers  

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

• I'm currently at the hospital waiting to be induced. They were overbooked so I'm waiting for another girl to have her baby, then it's my turn!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image image
  • Loading the player...
  • Fingers crossed for you!

I was 1cm and 50-60% effaced for a few weeks, and had a quick labor once my water broke. Hoping the same for you! 

DD 1.18.2012
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"