January 2012 Moms

Hospital Gift

Hi, Guys!

I am visiting from the March boards but my friend will be going into labor any day now!  She does not have alot of family in the area and wants to make sure friends come to visit her in the hospital.  I was wondering what I good gift would be to bring her.  I know everyone will spend/bring flowers or balloons and stuff like that but I want to bring something she really needs.

So the question for you January mamas is "After labor, what is something that someone brought you/or could have brought you that made your hospital stay after baby better and knew that person was thinking of you?"  

Thank you!  And congrats to all you new mamas and hang in there to all the overdue mamas to be!  My friend is part of the over due club!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Hospital Gift

• I haven't had my baby yet, but ask what she wants for lunch/dinner from outside of the hospital? I don't think I will want a ton of gifts to drag home after delivery.
  • Food. Fresh and yummy food.  If she is bfing, she will be so hungry all day.

My mom brought PF Changs Fried Rice one day.  I thought I was in heaven. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    image image
    BabyName Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • I agree with the food. I am also overdue, but I'm planning on anyone I know coming in bringing me food haha. I don't even want crappy food, just something other than hospital food.

Although my friend is bringing me Coldstone Creamery as a treat Smile

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • In the hospital it was just nice to have visitors for short periods of time.  We were team green so a lot of people brought girl clothes, which was fun.

Honestly, the most helpful thing we've gotten since DD was born was dinners brought to our house.  We don't have family nearby either.  Our circle of friends is great about this so someone set up a registry on MealBaby for people to sign up and we have meals 3x/week that started the week after we got home and go through mid-February.  It's SO helpful on those days to not worry about cooking, and most of the time people bring enough food that we can have leftovers the next night.  Maybe you could set something up for your friend since she doesn't have family nearby to help?

Baby Birthday Ticker Tickerimage

DD 1/3/2012
    BFP 5/21/2013 MC 5/24/2013
    BFP 7/16/2013 EDD 3/27/2014
  • The best gifts that I got were gourmet cupcakes! They we're baby boy themed! They were amazing and it felt so good to reward myself and indulge in the cupcakes after having a baby! 
  • I think one of my favorite things was food/drinks that I couldn't/wouldn't have while pregnant.  I'm not a fanatic about things but I didn't have Dr. Pepper (my favorite soda) or coffee while I was pregnant.  Now I'm having them in limited quantities but my husband brought me a Dr. Pepper the first night we were in the hospital and I fell in love all over again.

So my suggestion is to bring her something that she abstained from while she was pregnant.  

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I second (third? fourth?) the food suggestion. It was so nice to get outside food that I'd been craving, even though the hospital food was pretty good.

And like a PP said, hauling home presents isn't fun... especially if they packed a bunch to bring to the hospital. 

DD 1.18.2012
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"