New Jersey Babies

Valley Center For Women's Health

Hi everyone! I am new to the board as I am only 4 weeks and just found out I am pregnant 5 days ago :)  I made my first prenatal apt at Valley Center For Women's Health.  Does anyone go there?  My first appointment is with Dr. Coven.  Thanks in advance for any input!! :)
Baby Love xo BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Valley Center For Women's Health

• Hi,
    I was a client of  theirs. I had a bad experience with them and strongly urge you to get a new doc. When I first found out I was pregnant, I was only four weeks along and nothing came up on my ultrasound. So they thought I had a eptopic pregnancy and was going to terminate right away, even though I had NO symyptoms. THank god we waited and got a second opinon.  When we had the ultrasound and nothing was there, they sent me and my husband home in tears, without giving us any explanation. Then when I had appts, I would wait for a least an hr.
    Then when I wanted to transfer my records, they refsed to do this, we had to end up going down to the office ( which we live far away) and the nurse at the front desk threw them at my across the counter!!!!
    All of the nurses are mean and dr Rooney the women doctor there is horrible.
    I'm not sure where you live but i'm going to Physicians for Women in Wayne NJ and they are soo nice and what a differece.
    Good Luck
    image image image Emily and Dan 03-15-2008 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Plus they keep calling me multiple times to make apts when I should have been seen...
  • Loading the player...
  • OMG that's terrible! Are you still able to deliver at Valley with your new OB?
  • I've been going there for about 4 years (started when i found out i was preg) and LOVE them. The nurses are all so warm and friendly - i've never had a problem.

Now remember - it is a GROUP. If you're looking for the hand holding you probably won't get it. To me, they are doctors and they are doing their job. My husband is there for the hand holding - as long as my child and I come out of the hospital healthy that's really all that matters to me. I think it really depends on what type of person you are. They wouldn't have two offices and that many patients if they weren't very good at what they do.

Dr. Zeldina delivered my son and I had the best experience ever! But, again, She was there to make sure we were healthy - not to be my best friend and chit chat :)

Good luck and give it shot!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    JHB 1/19/09
    Baby girl due 11/22/12!
  • I'm having the baby at Chilton hospital. Like pp said she had a great experience. I have had other ppl complain about them when I have told them our story. Just be careful if you still use them.
  • imagejacksmom119:

I've been going there for about 4 years (started when i found out i was preg) and LOVE them. The nurses are all so warm and friendly - i've never had a problem.

Now remember - it is a GROUP. If you're looking for the hand holding you probably won't get it. To me, they are doctors and they are doing their job. My husband is there for the hand holding - as long as my child and I come out of the hospital healthy that's really all that matters to me. I think it really depends on what type of person you are. They wouldn't have two offices and that many patients if they weren't very good at what they do.

Dr. Zeldina delivered my son and I had the best experience ever! But, again, She was there to make sure we were healthy - not to be my best friend and chit chat :)

Thanks so much for your post..you really eased my mind!  I really don't need hand holding as much as people who know what they are doing.  I figure I will give them a shot and if it's not a good fit then I can find someone else.  BTW your son is beautiful! :)

• Thank you!! Good luck!! Also... Valley had an amazing breast feeding group Thursday mornings!!!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    JHB 1/19/09
    Baby girl due 11/22/12!
  • I have been going there for a number of years as well as they are great.  The doctor who delivered my daughter has left but the rest are good too.  I agree that some are nicer and have better bedside manner than others but they are thorough.  I don't know why they would have done an ultrasound at 4 weeks on anyone in the first place.  I went right away with my first and they told me there is nothing to see/check until 8 weeks when you get for the first ultrasound so 4 weeks doesn't make sense to me.

They now send patients to Maternal Fetal Medicine for the anatomy 20 week ultrasound which is great because they found a small concern with my umbilical cord that I was told a regular dr's office equipment wouldn't have been able to detect.  They are working closely with MFM between appts and ultrasound appts.

Yes sometimes you don't always get called back and need to follow up but I have never had a problem and imagine all places would be the same.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imagejacksmom119:

I've been going there for about 4 years (started when i found out i was preg) and LOVE them. The nurses are all so warm and friendly - i've never had a problem.

I agree with all of this.  I've been a patient there for a few years and just delivered my first child in August.  I like all of the doctors, especially Dr. Gerhart, Dr. Zeldina, and Dr. Levine.  I never wait long (only twice my whole pregnancy did I have to wait a longer amount of time), and the nurses are all friendly.  Valley Hospital was amazing as well, and I had no issues delivering there.  The staff provided excellent care.

Remember, everyone has a different experience.  Good luck! 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"