Pregnant after IF

Fluid went down :( *Update*

The AFI today was 5.1, which is down from 6.1 last Sunday, so I highly doubt that I'll be able to go home anytime soon.  It looks like I'll be taking residence here at the High-Risk unit at the hospital for the foreseeable future. 

They were able to once again visualize the bladder, stomach, and the kidneys.  So, at least she is making some urine.  However, since I haven't had any leakage, it probably means that there is either some sort of placental problem or she has a problem with her renal function that they can't determine via ultrasound as to why the fluid is so low. 

ETA: I just talked to my OB's partner, who is on call this weekend.  She told me that the level was actually 5.2.  Hey, I'll take anything I can get, including 0.1! :)

ETA 2: I spoke to one of my MFM docs today who was able to make more sense of all that is going on.  He said that AFI can vary by a few cm, and that it is normal. It can depend on my level of hydration, as well as whether the baby is all balled up or has her legs and arms all spread out, since it measure the largest pocket in each quadrant.  He said that in his opinion, a level of 5.2 and 6.1 means that the amount of amniotic fluid is pretty much the same.  So, at least it isn't as bad as I thought it was.  He also told me that we don't really quite know what is going on with me, whether there was a tear, whether there is a problem with the baby's renal function (that they can't determine via ultrasound), or if there is a placental problem, or perhaps a combo.  He said that it is very positive that they were able to once again visualize a normal sized bladder and the kidneys, since it shows that she is making urine.  He said that things are stable, which I'm going to take as good news. Smile 

TTC Since July 2008.
Me: PCOS DH: Low everything (MFI)
Clomid with TI x 3 2010 BFN
Clomid+IUI+Ovidrel 2010 BFN
IVF w/ICSI #1 2011
9/8/11 Beta #1: 2082!! 9/19/11 Beta#2 34,689!! U/S 9/22/11 HR 127! 11/8/11 HR 150! 12/6/11 HR 136! 12/14/11 HR 139! Born at 26w2d on 2/4/2012! After 83 days in the NICU, Adalyn came home on 4/26/12!
FET 1 3/2013 BFN
FET 2 5/2013 BFN
Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

Re: Fluid went down :( *Update*

• I am so sorry! I was so hoping for good news for you. Continued prayers coming your way!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image image
  • Damn :( Lots of T&Ps that the doctors can figure out the problem and it's minor.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • I'm so sorry!  Thoughts and prayers still coming your way.  Hang in there.  Hugs!
  • Crap. At least you're in the best place for keeping a close eye on things. I hope things turn around!
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers 
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers 
    After 22 cycles and 4 failed IUIs, Serafina joined our family through IVF/ICSI, born 8.28.12
    Our surprise baby, Juliette, is due 12.8.14!

• oh man that sucks! t&ps for your family!!
  • oh no, hoping they can figure out what it is that is making your fluid level low!

good luck, hoping LO stays strong with you!!

**~*Noelle*~**
    Happily Wed DH in May 2010
    June 2012: DD#1 born after countless fertility cycles, our 4 year old miracle 
    TTC #2: current cycle: 225iu Menopur for 4 weeks, Ovidrel Trigger= BFP! Beta #1; 333, Beta #2 713! 1st u/s showed TWINS (7/18)
    BabyFruit Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker
  • I'm so sorry you didn't get better news and that you're stuck in the hospital bed still.  I hope things turn around soon. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• I'm so sorry you did not receive the news you hoped for but it sounds like you and the baby are in the best place and are being very well cared for.
    TTC since 3-08 IVF # 1 Dec 2011 BFP DD born at 31 weeks 6-24-12

FET #1 Dec 2013 BFN

FET # 2 Feb 2014 BFN

No more frosties

IVF #2. September 2014

PGD yielded 2 perfect 5d blasts

SET November 9, 2014
    Nov 23, 2014. Another BFN

Not sure where to go from here.

• Im just glad you and baby are ok!!
  • Hugs!! Keep cooking LO!! My sister was born at 28 weeks and she was small but perfect! I held that as my first goal to get my children too!! Now I'm holding on to 32 at least! The cholestasis scares me as if it gets worse it highers chance of something bad happening! I hate this worry stuff!! I'm so sorry you have to deal with this!!
    Oct1201212 Twins born at 34w2d, Allison, 3lb,4oz-Ethan, 4lb7oz, both 16 1/2 inches. Out of Difficulties Grow Miracles BestBuddiesBoy AprilPosseMultiLilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Continued T&Ps coming your way for you and LO!
    "Now faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see." Hebrews 11:1
  • im so sorry, i hope everything works out okay : )  hang in there okay?
  • Dang! T&P's going your way! Sounds like you are in good hands until they figure out what's going on. Good luck!
    TTC since 06/2010 HSG-clear,SA-good DX:Unexplained IUI#1-(May) 100mg of clomid +trigger + progerstrone supp=BFN IUlI#2-(June) 100mg of clomide+trigger+progesterone supp=BFN JuLy Break for vaca. IUI#3 (Aug) 100mg of clomid+trigger+progesterone=BFN IVF trial started in Oct-Nov ER-15 Retrieved, 13 mature, 11 fertilized. 5dt on 11-15-11 Beta #1 9dp 5dt= 107 Beta#2 331 Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Sorry you didn't get better news today.  T&P for you and LO.  Sounds like you are in great hands.  Hope you get some cake tonight!
  • Oh no!  I was really hoping you would get better news today.  Continued T&P to you and LO. 
    TTC with PCOS since November 2009
    IUI#1 Femara/Ovidrel (cd 3-7) = BFP, m/c
    IUI#2 Femara/Ovidrel (cd 5-9) = BFN
    IUI#3 Femara/Ovidrel (cd 3-7) = BFP!
    beta #1 11/23 = 270, P4 = 75
    beta #2 11/28 = 2055
    Our daughter E was born 7/29/2012!
    Surprise, our 2nd daughter P was born 5/22/14!
    imageImage and video hosting by TinyPicimage
    imageimageimage
  • Sorry you aren't able to go home....thinking of you guys

~after 34 cycles we finally got our 2nd little bundle of joy~
    My IF blog

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• Oh no! I'm soo sorry. I'll keep on sending T&P your way.

Take care! 

Renee- 37 DH - Chad - 39
    2/06 - surprise pregnancy - twins
    3/06 - m/c 1st baby at 6 weeks 
    5/06 -2nd baby had no heartbeat at 14 wks.
    D&E - Bled out. Blood transfusions. Week in ICU - Cheated Death!
    Diagnosis: Blood clotting and bleeding disorder, immune issues, & cervical stenosis
    5/10 - 1st IVF cycle - BFN
    FET - 10/12/10 - BFN
    1/11 - IVF with PGD - BFN
    IVF - May - BFN
    6/11 New RE - fingers crossed!
    9/11 - IVF - 4 transferred
    10/13 - BFP!!
    It's a boy! Clint Michael, Due in June!!!

• (((hugs))) So sorry the number didn't go in the direction we all hoped for. It sounds like they are taking great care of you and LO and I continue to admire your positive attitude. Every day that passes is another important milestone. Many T&Ps that LO keeps baking a good while longer and that the AFI will not go down any further.
    IUIs #1-3 (1x unmedicated, 2x Clomid) = 2 BFNs, 1 m/c at 7w3d
    IUIs #4-6 (injects) = 3 BFNs
    IVF #1 = BFN
    FET #1 = BFN
    FET #2 = BFN
    IVF #2 = BFP, b/g twins lost at 20w due to partial abruption/PPROM
    IVF #3 = c/p 5w2d
    Long-shot Clomid/Prednisone cycle before next IVF = BFP, our beautiful, healthy girl born 6/26/13!
    ~~
    TTC again March 2014
    FET #3 - May/June 2014
    -
    all embryos arrested before xfer - back to the drawing board...
    IVF #4 - July/August 2014 
    beta 1 (11dp3dt) 220, beta 2 (13dp3dt) 671, beta 3 (19dp3dt) 10762
  • I am sorry to hear you likely won't be going home soon, but I'm praying for the best outcome possible for you and your LO. ((HUGS))
  • I'm sorry you got this news. Lots of T&Ps for you and LO!!

After 2 1/2 years TTC, 3 IUI's, endo, and a lap, a surprise BFP brought us Alexandra Marie!
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I'm so sorry! I'm crossing my fingers for you.
    TTC since August 2009
    June/July 2011 - IVF #1 - Transfer cancelled due to OHSS
    23 perfect embryos. All 23 made it to freezing!
    September/October - FET #1 - October 12th - 2 Grade A embies
    October 20th - BFP??! EDD - July 1, 2012
    Beta #1 = 154, Beta #2 = 352 Beta #3 = 3,800
    U/S #2 - November 14th = 133 bpm! U/S #3 & 4 - November 30th and December 7th = 163 bpm! U/S#5 - January 30th - TEAM PINK!!!
    Baby Sweets born on her due date!
  • Oh boy I'm so sorry you have to stay. I just spent the weekend in L&D over a sudden decrease in AFI. So I feel your pain. Hang in there and PM me if you need anything.

2004- DX with PCOS

6/2011- Gonal-F + Ganirelix + Oviderl and Crinone= BFP

7/7/2011 Beta #1 119 Beta #2 563 Beta#3 4178

http://tinypic.com/r/25z7709/8

• Oh sweetie you are in my continued thoughts. If you need anything, even just someone to rant to, shoot me a pm. Hugs!
    TTC since 2006
    Me: 36 DH: 40
    DH dx azoospermia My dx: RA & AMA
    d-IUI's--6/10, 7/13 & 8/4: all BFN
    d-IVF#1--Lupron/Menopur/Bravelle/Novarel; mini-dose protocol
    ER: 10/25--18R; 14F; ET: 10/28--3dt of 2 embies; 3 blasts frozen
    + HPT 11/4; Beta #1--14dp3dt: 441; Beta #2--21dp3dt: 9298
    One beautiful jelly bean growing! Saw h/b on 11/28 and 12/5!!!
    P/SAIF welcome
    <a href="http://s22.photobucket.com/albums/b315/mandalinn/?action=view
  • I am so sorry you are stuck in the hospital. Sending lots of good thoughts your way!
    Dx: Unexplained Infertility

TTC #1 
    IUI's #1 - #3 Clomid = BFN's, IUI #4 Follistim = BFP
    Grayson arrived via emergency c-section on 7/28/12!

TTC #2 
    IUI's #1 - #4 Follistim = BFN's
    IVF #1 w/ ICSI + PGS: Lupron/Follistim/Menopur
    ER 4/13 - 19R, 13F, 4 PGS tested embryos, 1 normal
    5/14 FET: BFP. Beta #1: 123, Beta #2: 327, Beta #3: 854
    Cora arrived 1/23/15 via RCS!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"