January 2012 Moms
Options

Today is My Due Date and I Am So Conflicted

At my appointment on Friday, I still showed absolutely no progress - no dialation, effacement, cervix still high, etc.  Plus I haven't had any pre-labor signs or even any BH contractions at all.  My doctor won't let me go past 41 weeks, which is next Sunday, so she wanted to at least get an induction on the books.  Due to some scheduling conflicts with both the doctors office and our only family in town planning to be OOT for part of next weekend, we scheduled for this Tuesday night to start the induction, with the thought that baby will probably be born on Wednesday.  This was ultimately our decision to pick the earlier date, although our doctor said if it were her, she'd go with an earlier date than later one.  She thinks it's safer for the baby, although there's no medical reason at this time that I would need to be induced earlier than later.

However, since my cervix is so "unfavorable" and has showed no progress at all, I just can't help but wonder if I'm setting myself up for a longer, more stressful labor and ultimately a C-Section.  I keep thinking that if we keep our Tuesday date and I end up with a CS, I'll be so mad at myself.  But I already gave notice at work on Friday that it would be my last day so I'm not loving the idea of sitting around all week now if we wait to be induced.  But five days may not change anything and I may still be closed and high by then. Or it could mean I'll go on my own by then.  If we decide to wait, then I'll have to go in on Thursday or Friday for a NST and fluid check.

I've been trying some of the OWT/natural ways to get labor started on its own, but so far, I haven't noticed any signs.  DH is no help as he fully trusts the doctor and thinks that if she thinks its OK to be induced earlier, then I'm freaking myself out for nothing.  He doesn't understand why I'd want to push back the induction.  He just wants baby to be here as the anticipation is killing him.  Even though I'm a FTM, I've just been so convinced I'd go early all this time so I never thought I'd be in this position.  I should be happy I made it to my due date without any complications but now having to make such a big decision is creating extra anxiety I could do without.  Just hoping baby will decide to appear on his own and take this weight off my shoulders!

Married July 21, 2007

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Today is My Due Date and I Am So Conflicted

• Options
    If you're truly uncomfortable with an induction this early you can request a nonstress test and fetal biophysical profile. These tests can prove that baby is healthy and happy in there and buy you a few more days. My OB hasn't drawn a line in the sand with a date, but offered to induce last week. I politely declined and had these tests done on Tues and Fri at the hospital. I may induce this week, but i'll be right at 42 weeks Wednesday. Good luck to you! Remember it's your body and your baby, if there's no medical concern these are your decisions, they need your consent.
    Married DH - December 2006, Started TTC - July 2009, BFP - May 15, 2011 (round #1 chlomid) Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    Good luck...one way or another you'll have your baby and as soon as you see him/her you'll put your labor behind you within a week or two:) why does your dr say about induction leading to csections? I always thought that was kind of a myth.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"