Georgia Babies

Online taxes with rental property

Does anyone know of a good online tax site to use for preparing taxes if you have a rental property?  I thought of paying to use turbo tax but I was not sure if it was good.
imageLilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Re: Online taxes with rental property

• How many rental properties do you own? This is just from experience, but we did our taxes using online sources (we have a bunch of rentals) and thought everything was going great and we were doing it right...until BAM- got audited for 4 years worth of taxes that we had unknowingly been doing wrong. We since hired someone from H&R Block and have been pleased with their services. Just my two cents! Good luck!
    Photobucket Photobucket Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Thanks.  That is what I am afraid of.  We only own 1, but this year was the first year renting it so it was a 1/2 a year which makes it very tricky.  It sounds like I might should just hire someone.
  • Loading the player...
  • We have 2 rental properties and I do suggest paying someone.  The year my husband did his own taxes for his this business and attempted to write off his car, he did it wrong and was then audited.  Ever since we've paid an accountant :)
  • I have used Tax Act a bunch in the past and like them better than Turbo Tax, only because it is slightly cheaper.  That being said, since I have had a lot of itemized deductions, I have paid to have my taxes done by a CPA and it is 100% worth the $150 it costs.  If you have a bunch of property, I would definitely pay for someone to do it for you.
    Nothing is more discouraging than unappreciated sarcasm. 
    AlternaTickers - Cool free Web tickers
  • Thanks for the advice.  Any CPA recommendations?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"