Pregnant after IF
Options

Beta 3 ...I'm pregnant! but...

I had run out of needles for my PIO shots so I called the office today and they ended up having me come in for my 3rd beta rather than wait until tomorrow as planned.

My number was 540!!!!!!!   It went from 7.5 to 71 (4 days later) to 540 (3 days later).  I would be 100% ecstatic right now, except my RE is a little bit worried about an ectopic... which is ironic since I had both tubes removed.  But I guess there's a little stump left and there's a small chance it could have implanted there??  Arghh!  Never knew that could be possible. 

I am scheduled for an u/s on the 2nd to look for evidence that this little sticky bun is, indeed, in my uterus.  I feel good about this, though, I feel like it's ok.  My husband on the other hand is FREAKING out.  I think because he knows I am so happy, he's afraid it will be taken from us and he will be left with the emotional aftermath.  But like I said, I feel good about it... If it were ectopic, wouldn't I have *some* kind of symptoms of that? 

Re: Beta 3 ...I'm pregnant! but...

• Options
    Hopefully your u/s will offer you some reassurance.  Hang in there!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    Congratulations! I hope your u/s shows your sticky baby!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    DX: Severe MFI 9/1/11
    Because of Undescended testicle at birth
    IVF #1 October BFN; 5 snowbabies
    FET: November/December 2011
    ET: 12/7/11; Beta 1: 12/16/11: 66 Beta 2: 12/19/11: 212! 1st ultrasound 1/3/12! Graduated 1/10/12: heartbeat 160
    SAIF Always Welcome
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Congrats!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I hope your u/s shows your sticky baby! GL!
    TTC Since July 2008.
    Me: PCOS DH: Low everything (MFI)
    Clomid with TI x 3 2010 BFN
    Clomid+IUI+Ovidrel 2010 BFN
    IVF w/ICSI #1 2011
    9/8/11 Beta #1: 2082!! 9/19/11 Beta#2 34,689!! U/S 9/22/11 HR 127! 11/8/11 HR 150! 12/6/11 HR 136! 12/14/11 HR 139! Born at 26w2d on 2/4/2012! After 83 days in the NICU, Adalyn came home on 4/26/12!
    FET 1 3/2013 BFN
    FET 2 5/2013 BFN
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Options

Fingers crossed for a sticky baby!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image image
  • Options
    Congrats on a great beta...praying this baby is where it's supposed to be!
    Baby Girl! photo photo-3.jpgphoto 03_Portraits_0537.jpg
    BabyFetus Ticker 

• Options

Thank you ladies so much :) 

Jalara, I read that something like 98% of ectopics are tubal, with the other 2% being somewhere else like an ovary, cervix or stomach cavity.  I think my RE is worried due to the large rise in the last 3 days between betas... but from what I've been able to find out about ectopics after bilateral tubal salpinectomies (phew!  aka - both tubes removed) is that they were "natural" where the egg and sperm found their way to each other and implanted in the tube.  In my case I am hoping my embryo stayed where it was put at IVF transfer!  Tongue Tied

• Options
    I am glad to hear that your beta is rising! I hope that your ultrasound will bring you more good news, too.

IVF #1 ET 1 d3 embryo 10/30/11 BFP
    3 Embryos frozen (1 d5, 2 d6)

DS born 07/29/12

FET #1 ET 1 d5 embryo 02/10/15 BFN

FET #2 1 d6 embryo didn't survive thaw, transferred last d6. CP :(

• Options
    Congrats I hope your US gives you some reassurance soon.

2004- DX with PCOS

6/2011- Gonal-F + Ganirelix + Oviderl and Crinone= BFP

7/7/2011 Beta #1 119 Beta #2 563 Beta#3 4178

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

http://tinypic.com/r/25z7709/8

• Options

That's a great rise! With my ectopic, I had steady bleeding (pink to bright red, and more than just spotting) from 6dp5dt right through about 6 weeks. I also had mild pain on my left side (where the ectopic was) starting early on, then more diffuse abdominal pain and heavier bleeding right before they brought me in for the ultrasound.

So, I definitely had symptoms! Good luck, and try not to worry too much between now and the 2nd! 

Cautiously expecting our second little petri dish baby - stick, Baby, stick!

BabyFruit Ticker

• Options

Thank you so much everyone!!  I recognize some of your names and can't believe how quickly time is flying by when I look at your siggies!!

Crispity, thank you so much for that comforting information!!  I've had no spotting at all except the very very very faintest bit of pink, one night on the TP after peeing (sorry TMI), around 8 or 9 dpt, and the very very very faintest bit of tan, the next morning.  It was so slight it could easily have been missed. 

Thank you again for the welcome and well wishes. I will definitely keep you posted ... only a few more days....

• Options
    fingers and toes crossed for a healthy pregnancy!!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Congratulations!!! Lots of T&Ps for good news on the 2nd.
    IUIs #1-3 (1x unmedicated, 2x Clomid) = 2 BFNs, 1 m/c at 7w3d
    IUIs #4-6 (injects) = 3 BFNs
    IVF #1 = BFN
    FET #1 = BFN
    FET #2 = BFN
    IVF #2 = BFP, b/g twins lost at 20w due to partial abruption/PPROM
    IVF #3 = c/p 5w2d
    Long-shot Clomid/Prednisone cycle before next IVF = BFP, our beautiful, healthy girl born 6/26/13!
    ~~
    TTC again March 2014
    FET #3 - May/June 2014
    -
    all embryos arrested before xfer - back to the drawing board...
    IVF #4 - July/August 2014 
    beta 1 (11dp3dt) 220, beta 2 (13dp3dt) 671, beta 3 (19dp3dt) 10762
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"