Breastfeeding
Options

STTN, waking to pump/clogged ducts

My 10 week old starting sleeping long stretches through the night like 6-7 hours. The first night he did I slept as well however I developed clogged milk ducts in both breasts. I have had clogged ducts in my right breast 3 other times and they are painful. I am nervous about that happening again so i have been setting an alarm and pumping every 4 hours. Problem is he wakes to eat and we are off "schedule" after that. Most people say oh I would just sleep but if you ever had clogged ducts you would feel my pain. Will this eventually work itself out?

Re: STTN, waking to pump/clogged ducts

• Options
    Eventually your supply will adjust to the longer stretches. I'm not 100% sure, but maybe pump just enough to not be uncomfortable.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Charlie - 12/11/2011 * Surprise! #2 - EDD 2/17/2015

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    it'll eventually work itself out. you can try expressing just a little bit at night to relieve the pressure (only like an oz or so), but don't fully pump or you'll encourage your body to keep making that amount every 4 hours.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"