Baby Showers
Options

Cake / Cupcake / Dessert Ideas?

A friend from working is throwing a small baby shower for me. The theme is farmhouse brunch and will be around 10-11 in the morning.  She ask if I wanted a cake or cupcakes or something else for dessert but I'm not sure. Does it matter that the party is brunch as far as having a cake?  Any ideas for cute cake or dessert to go with the theme?  Thanks in advance. 

?BFP #1 3/27/11, 1st US Mono Mono Twins, 2nd US 2 HB's, MMC@8w6d 4/25/11, D&C 4/27/11 ?

BFP#2 9/17/11 1st US HB 171 10/13/11 EDC 5/23/12

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

Re: Cake / Cupcake / Dessert Ideas?

• Options
    I am having a mid-afternoon luncheon and we're doing cupcakes in a fairytale theme (crowns, books, and dragons). I think either cupcakes or a cake with maybe little farm animals would be cute.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Are mini-cupcakes an option? 
    Baby Boy born sleeping at 20 weeks.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I think sweets are great with coffee or tea so it should be fine :) thats a unique theme
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

Either cakes or cupcakes would work, but for some reason farmhouse brunch makes me think of pie - apple, cherry, blueberry... yum!

Trying for #1 since May 2010   l   DX ~ Unexplained Infertility June 2011

IUI #1&2 = BFN; IUI #3 = BFP, m/c @ 6 weeks

November '11 ~ IVF#1 ~ ER 11/18 (29R, 17F) ~ 5dt of one beautiful blast on 11/23 = BFP!!

Beta #1 9dp5dt = 116, P4 = 28 ~ Beta #2 13dp5dt = 700 ~ Beta #3 20dp5dt = 9500, P4 = 26

1st u/s 12/27 - hb of 156!! EDD 8.10.12 :)   **TEAM GREEN!**

Sweet baby boy born 8.18.12

Trying for #2

FET #1 - October '13 - c/p   l   FET #2 - December '13 - cancelled :(   l   FET #2.2 - 1.30.14 - BFN

~ More testing - hysteroscopy, endometrial biopsy & more b/w - all normal / negative~

Surprise BFP while waiting on FET #3 ~ beta #1 500; beta #2 1600; first u/s 4/3 - measuring 5w5d, no hb yet!; 2nd u/s 4/10 - hb 132, measuring 6w6d - EDD 11.29.14 :)    **TEAM GREEN!**

Beautiful baby girl born 11.24.14

• Options
    First, I love the theme and timing - so cute!  I recommend something simple that everyone loves and is quintessential farmhouse.. Strawberry shortcake.  You can make mini ones with Yellow cupcakes, whip cream frosting and a cut strawberry on top.  It would be adorable!  If strawberries aren't looking so good that week, you can always buy pie filling and inject it into the cupcakes while they're hot using a large circular tip and an icing bag.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    My first thought: Angel food cake with fresh or strawberries and homemade whipped cream. Yum! seems like that would fit the theme to me.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    My first thought is muffins rather than cupcakes.  If you want to have frosting there are several that is fine to frost:  carrot, orange, etc.  Cute idea BTW.
  • Options
    i think strawberry shortcake too
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I was thinking of pie also...like pecan or sweet potato!!  Then you could have the mini pies (or torte??).  I still like the cupcake or mini cupcake theme (key lime is my favorite)..Big Smile
    Anniversary Lilypie Breastfeeding tickers
  • Options
    Thanks for all the wonderful ideas!  I'm excited (and hungry) and will def pass along all the suggestions to my host. She came up with the idea after seeing a picture on pinterest of a pancake bar with these neat doughnut holes (I think that's what they're called) stuck with toothpicks into a foam cone to make little doughnut trees. 

?BFP #1 3/27/11, 1st US Mono Mono Twins, 2nd US 2 HB's, MMC@8w6d 4/25/11, D&C 4/27/11 ?

BFP#2 9/17/11 1st US HB 171 10/13/11 EDC 5/23/12

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"