September 2011 Moms
Options

Trip to Pediatric Urgent Care :(

Ok, so it wasn't a huge deal, but we had to go to urgent care tonight. We had switched to soy formula due to a formula allergy causing severe eczema. And he's a new baby... except for his eyelids. His eyelids have been pink and itchy for a couple of weeks. Can't really put the medicated ointment on them.

Anyway, Jack rubbed his eye for a few minutes this afternoon and it ballooned up. I mean, almost swollen shut, and I could see some gooey junk in there. I didn't think it was pinkeye since it came up so soon, but I didn't want to wait until morning in case he had scratched his cornea. So we took him in. She's not sure if he scratched it or not, but gave us eyedrops just in case to make sure it's not infected. And told us not to let him rub it.. ummmm right.

So I'm hoping the pedi wants to see us in the morning because I want to see if theres anything else we can do about the itchy eyelids. I don't want this happening over and over! I know he's too young for benadryl though, so I have a bad feeling the solution will be "try not to let him rub". Which would mean the end of our sleep training plans since he's still swaddled currently and I'm not about to take him out of the swaddle and let him rub his eyes all night. Looks like we'll be ordering the size large swaddle strap :( 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Trip to Pediatric Urgent Care :(

• Options
    Poor little guy. Hope he gets better soon! :(
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Aw poor babe.. I hope there's a solution to his itchy eyelids!
    photo 22e3a93e-8933-4ed0-acf4-72665341621b_zpsd73ca8f6.jpgp>

"What did my fingers do before they held you? What did my heart do with it's love?"

CafeMom Tickers

Follow Me on Pinterest

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Awww, poor Jack! How are you supposed to keep a baby this age from rubbing their eyes?
  • Options

Aw! Little man!

Hope everything turns ok out! 

oa1
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

? Voted Cool Cat ~ 2012 Sweetpea Mom Awards ?

Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    Poor baby!  I hope it gets better soon!
    8418442352_4e02174cbd_o
    "Because when you stop and look around, this life is pretty amazing."
    ~Dr. Suess
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    Bet you were not expecting a trip to urgent care this weekend :( Poor baby! I hope he heals soon! 
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options

imageMalin22000:
    Awww, poor Jack! How are you supposed to keep a baby this age from rubbing their eyes?

I know, right? I wonder if they make those white cone collars like dogs wear... lol.

Thanks all. He went down fine and is sleeping now. He smiled at me during, and after so I know it's harder for me to see him looking like that than it is on him. But he has been trying to scratch. So I'm sure tomorrow will be a fun day at home trying to keep his hand away from his eyes! I'll update you all after I talk to the pedi in the morning.

• Options

Poor little guy!

As a note, DD has awful eczema on her eyelids.  They were able to give us a .5% cortisone cream that has worked wonders ... not ideal, but we tried everything else and nothing cleared it up.

I put it on a couple times a day and then just sit with her for awhile to let it soak it.  We sing songs with lots of actions to try to take her mind off the fact that they aren't free to move around.

Thankfully it worked quickly, so we will have only had to use it for under a week.

• Options
    That would be wonderful! We're going in to see the pediatrician at 10:30, hopefully we'll get something that can help. He's really rubbing his eyes this morning and now rubbing his ears too... it's always something!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"