Georgia Babies
Options

First doctors appointment tomorrow...

What should we expect?

Re: First doctors appointment tomorrow...

• Options
    urine sample, bp check, weight check, and a vaginal ultrasound.  You'll also get a consultation with the doc to confirm due date.  The nurse will ask questions about last missed period and health history.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

Some questions you might want to ask:

How long will they let you go past your due date (if everything checks out okay)?

What is their c-section rate?

How does it work with the delivering doc? Do you just get who's on call, etc.?

Not sure if this is still relevant, but you may want to ask what drugs they use for induction (if necessary). I think there is one preferred over the other (Cervadil vs. Cytotec). 

If you plan on going un-medicated, make sure they're supportive of your wishes for such a birth and will do what they can to help.

Lil' G was born April 25, 2008! Big C was born September 28, 2011! Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

Agree with all the above. Except at my 1st appt with all my pregnancies, there wasn't an u/s. I got the u/s at my 2nd appt usually around 8-9wks along.

BFP 12/23/07, M/C 1/25/08 Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I've never had a vaginal u/s, so I don't think that is a given.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    The u/s depends on how far along you are, possibility for complications, etc.  With my 1st, my ultrasound was at my second appointment (about 8 weeks or so, because they wanted me to be far along enough to see some fetal development).  After my miscarriage, I had ultrasounds at 5.5 weeks and then at 6.5.  It depends on your circumstances and your doc.  Expect a TON of bloodwork and a full family history.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"