TTC after 35
Options

How many days past o would AF come when taking fertility meds?

Ok girls I am still in the 2ww waiting period from the IUI and my mind is all over the place.  I am 10 days past O and if implantation was going to occur it would have happened by now, hopefully... I know it is waaaaay to soon to be feeling pregnancy symptoms.  But my head is playing all types of tricks, it doesn't help that the gonal F and avidrel makes you feel certain pregnancy symptoms, which I think should be out of my system by now.  For the last 2 days I feel as if sometimes my great af is coming which has been throwing me off.  My question is in general because I know everyone is different, when on the fertility drugs how soon could af come?  (sorry if this is a silly question, but this is my first time on these types of drugs).  I am having a hard time judging time because everything happens sooner than normal on these meds.   My blood test for pregnancy with the RE is this Friday Feb. 3rd.  If af was coming would I get it before?  How soon could I get a BFP from a home pregnancy test, would it show before the blood test?  I was thinking about taking one Wednesday.... If I am completely crazy talk some sense back into me lol.. I won't be offended in any way, just looking to get rid of my crazy thoughts.    Thank you!

Re: How many days past o would AF come when taking fertility meds?

• Options

I understand the frustrations of the 2WW.  AF should still show roughly 2 weeks after you ovulated, but that can vary a bit for each individual. Are you taking prometrium? I did after my IUI and that really gives you a lot of pregnancy symptoms and could delay AF until you stop taking it.

I started taking HPTs ~10dpo after my IUI...didn't show up postive until 13dpo, the day before my beta.  I drove myself nuts in the process.

FWIW early pregnancy symptoms feel a lot like AF is coming on and it's impossible to know until you test.  Hang in there and good  luck on Friday

Me: 38, PCOS/ DH: 37

DD born 12.21.09, conceived w/ injects and IUI

TTC#2 since Nov 2011

BFP 2.6.12 m/c 6w5d | BFP 5.25.12 c/p

-Back to the RE-

3 medicated IUIs, all BFN

-Taking a break from treatment-

BFP 11.20.12 ~ EDD 7.28.13

image image

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

My Chart
  • Options
    Depends on many factors.  Are you taking Progesterone in any form?  Progesterone will delay AF and also causes AF like symptoms.  You want to make sure trigger shot is out of your system, as that can give you a false positive reading.  I think wednesday sounds like a good day for testing.....but you have to remember that even though you can test at home that it's never over until Beta blood draw.  I do understand how fertility treatments make you want to know if it worked, NOW!  Hang in there and good luck when you do decide to test.
    TTC since 10/09 Me-43 DH-44 RE and testing 10/10-11/10, Recommending IVF 1/11 New RE AMA and DOR-DH low motility IVF #1.1 cancelled 3/11 due to poor response IVF #1.2 May 2011, one perfect 8-cell embryo, 3dt-BFN, IVF #2.1 Converted to IUI d/t poor response. New RE 9/2011. IVF 2.2 completed using HGH,EPP,DHEA, Q-10 and accupuncture. Transferred one 8-cell, grade one embryo on 10/19. BFP 10/31/11 Chemical pregancy on 11/2/11. Started stims for IVF #3, our final try, on 12-2-11. ET on 12/18. Transferred 3 Grade A embryos-BFFN Planning DE IVF, late March/early April- Donors ER expected to be 4/2-4/4. PAIF/SAIF welcome
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Thank you for the feedback it really does help!  My RE did not put me on any  form of progesterone my levels 3days post iui were at 10.8 and she wanted them above 8 so she said I was ok in that department!  I do better when I know what is happening step by step.  I have been patiently waiting out the 2ww til yesterday when I woke up and it started to get to me... Thank you again for the responses... 
  • Options
    I'm on my second cycle of Gonal-F + trigger; I found the first time around that, though I O'd a lot faster than normal, my luteal phase was the same as always (for me, usually ~15 days).  Yours probably will be as well, particularly because you aren't doing progesterone supplementation.  Good luck!  If you do decide to test at home, wait a couple of days and make sure you use a very sensitive test like FRER.  (Of course, do as I say not as I do -- I usually start testing at around 10dpo but I can't help myself, LOL.)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"