Attachment Parenting

best wrap for travel?

I'm flying next week with DD, who is 2 months old.  I have both a bjorn and moby - which one would be best for traveling with her?  I'm visiting family who have a car seat and stroller, so I won't be bringing either of those, just wearing her through the airport.  I will also be traveling alone, so no one to help me get her in/out of the carrier through security or on the plane.  Any other suggestions for making this a good trip for us?  TIA
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Re: best wrap for travel?

• I've heard lots of girls like flying wit the Moby, just leave it on you when you fly.
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers PitaPata Dog tickers Screen Shot 2012-11-15 at 8.25.16 AM
  • I just flew across country w/our newborn and I loved the K'Tan. I know you said you had the moby or the bjorn...so I would say the moby.  I wore DD through all the airports and I only had to take her out once - at the initial security checkpoint; also, if you just ask any of the TSA folks for some assistance - they should help.

I didn't have to ask, they all saw me w/my hands full and 3 agents immediately picked up all of my bins (after asking me which ones were mine) and carried them all over to a seating section and helped me...then they took the empty bins back!  I was shocked...you know...all the horror stories you hear about the TSA folks.

GL!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • I think I'm leaning more towards the moby too.  It's just that the bjorn is so much easier to get on and off if I have to take her out of it to go through security.  I'm afraid I'll have to take the moby apart and then will have a tough time getting it back on.  I suppose I should start practicing at home.
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

• You shouldn't need to take the moby off because there's no metal in it.  I would hope they wouldn't make you take it off.  But practice does make you quicker with getting it on.  I would vote for the moby.
    image Image and video hosting by TinyPicBaby Birthday Ticker TickerBabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"