Food Allergy
Options

another 7 year old..

hope hes going to be ok

https://www.ketv.com/r/30307603/detail.html

absolutely scary!  the mom even checked the snacks...  it really makes me want to home school. 

Re: another 7 year old..

• Options

I saw that posted on FB, its terrifying. They are so lucky that they were in the ER already when the reaction really took off, and it sounded to me like the little guy is alright. 

I am a nervous wreck about public schooling my daughter, and we still have 2 1/2 more years before we have to make any schooling decisions.

I think the part that scared me the most about that story is how delayed the reaction was. I know, from experience with DD, that reactions can last for days, but having that delay is worrisome.

That poor family, I just can't imagine. 

• Options
    The story terrifies me too.  they got very lucky with time and place after ingestion.  What were the chances?  And the delayed reaction?  OMG.   I wanted to go back to work when Owen starts K, but I have a feeling I will be hovering and obsessing.  I hope I do not have to homeschool, but I always consider it when I think about schooling.  It is always in the back of my mind.
    O 10.08 & MJ 6.10
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Terrifying.  I wanted to cry seeing that little boy hooked up to the machines.  Thank God he pulled through!

My twins are 5! My baby is 3!

DS#2 - Allergic to Cashew, Pistachio, Kiwi

DS#3 - Allergic to Milk, Egg, Peanut, Tree Nuts and Sesame

• Options

Thank goodness he is okay.  That is such a miracle. The thing that scares me about this story is that the initial reaction was so mild, itchy tounge and tummy ache.  I don't know that I would epi in that situation either and clearly that would have been the right thing to do.

jailbirds Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options

This stuff scares the heck out of me.  What kills me is that the mom took the step of going to the school just to be *sure* things were safe, and this still happened.

We've pretty much decided that we'll be homeschooling until at least middle school when he'll be old enough to be more responsible for his allergies.  Home schooling is very common in my city, and I have several friends who home school, so the idea was already there before we found out about his allergies. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"