Northern California Babies

XP:Multiples Moving to San Francisco

Hello! 

DH just got a promotion at work that is taking us from Chicago to San Francisco in the next few months. I know moving with two infants will be a huge challenge but we are excited for a new city and better weather!

Does anyone belong to any new moms groups or know anything about the San Francisco Parent of Multiples club? Recommendations on more "family" friendly areas of the city to look at? We have been to SF many times and we were married there three years ago but would love to have input about the residential areas of SF.

Thanks in advance and I know once we move I will need pediatrician/primary/OB recommendations!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: XP:Multiples Moving to San Francisco

• I don't have any housing advice since I'm in the East Bay, but I wanted to say Hi and Welcome to the area and the board!
  • Welcome to the area.  I have a friend who was very active in the multiples group in SF (her girls are now 5) and I know the group was a great help to her.
  • Loading the player...
  • imageMrs.Wright07:
    I don't have any housing advice since I'm in the East Bay, but I wanted to say Hi and Welcome to the area and the board!

Actually I would welcome your input on the East Bay too as DH's office is in Dublin.

Thanks Mrs. Wright!

Edited to add: BTW Hailey is so cute, and I also have a niece Hailey!

• imageMrs.BoomBoom:
    Welcome to the area.  I have a friend who was very active in the multiples group in SF (her girls are now 5) and I know the group was a great help to her.

Thanks...glad to hear it was a help to her. I belong to the one here in Chicago and it has been a great resource for me!

• Are you looking to move to SF or close to DH's office? The commute from dublin to SF can be pretty bad! Danville, San Ramon, Pleasanton and Livermore are very family friendly, super cute and close to Dublin. 
  • LIke pp said if your DH is working in Dublin then I would think about living closer to there rather than SF, unless city living is a must for you guys. I know a few ladies in the east bay MoM club (includes Dublin) and they love it. Welcome to the area and the board!

• My best friend has twin boys, age 15 months and they live in SF and are very involved in the SF Parent of Multiples group.  It has been a great support for her.  Good luck, and welcome!
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Big huge ditto about living closer to DH's job unless there's a real need to be in SF.  SF is expensive, the houses are older (usually) parking's difficult (usually) there aren't many lawns or safe outdoor spaces for bike riding and things, and if you stay long enough to have your kids in school, SF can be, um, difficult.  MANY families move out of SF because it's hard to navigate.
  • I don't have any recs either, but wanted to say welcome and your babies are so adorable!!! I think you'll love living in the Bay Area.
  • imageNorcalLinds:
    Are you looking to move to SF or close to DH's office? The commute from dublin to SF can be pretty bad! Danville, San Ramon, Pleasanton and Livermore are very family friendly, super cute and close to Dublin. 

ditto ditto ditto. and Welcome!

Greyson Ray ~ July 31 2006 | WinterRose Elizabeth ~ April 28th 2010 Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    The Blog | BirthbyKellyM
  • imageNorcalLinds:
    Are you looking to move to SF or close to DH's office? The commute from dublin to SF can be pretty bad! Danville, San Ramon, Pleasanton and Livermore are very family friendly, super cute and close to Dublin. 

Thanks for the ideas on East Bay areas. DH will be traveling a lot and not really in his office very much, so it's not the deciding factor. His commute now in Chicago is over an hour, but want to be fair and look at all options!

• imagekittylove:

LIke pp said if your DH is working in Dublin then I would think about living closer to there rather than SF, unless city living is a must for you guys. I know a few ladies in the east bay MoM club (includes Dublin) and they love it. Welcome to the area and the board!

Thanks!! Glad to know there is an east bay MoM's club too!

• imageStefandTodd:
    My best friend has twin boys, age 15 months and they live in SF and are very involved in the SF Parent of Multiples group.  It has been a great support for her.  Good luck, and welcome!

Thanks...great to hear good things about the SFPoM group! :)

• imageMrs.BoomBoom:
    Big huge ditto about living closer to DH's job unless there's a real need to be in SF.  SF is expensive, the houses are older (usually) parking's difficult (usually) there aren't many lawns or safe outdoor spaces for bike riding and things, and if you stay long enough to have your kids in school, SF can be, um, difficult.  MANY families move out of SF because it's hard to navigate.

That is what we have heard about the lottery system there and something to keep in mind for sure!

• imageMommySteph2009:
    I don't have any recs either, but wanted to say welcome and your babies are so adorable!!! I think you'll love living in the Bay Area.

Thank you! :) We are really looking forward to the climate change and the beauty of the area.

• imageKellyMRocks:

imageNorcalLinds:

ditto ditto ditto. and Welcome!

Thanks! Your DD picture is too cute!

• We love the east bay, I work in SF twice a week and the commute is pretty easy. There are lots of parks and activities for kids.  There are also a couple big MoM groups in the area.  

• imagemythreesons03:

We love the east bay, I work in SF twice a week and the commute is pretty easy. There are lots of parks and activities for kids.  There are also a couple big MoM groups in the area.  

Thanks! May I ask what area you live in? Did you join any of the MoM's groups?

Your boys are too cute!

• imagejamdonut:
    imagemythreesons03:

We love the east bay, I work in SF twice a week and the commute is pretty easy. There are lots of parks and activities for kids.  There are also a couple big MoM groups in the area.  

Thanks! May I ask what area you live in? Did you join any of the MoM's groups?

Your boys are too cute!

Thank you! I live in Martinez, and really love it here. I am close to Pleasant Hill. I have run into MoMs at the park who rave about the local multiples group but I haven't joined (yet). Honestly I think because I am so short on time I didn't think I would have time to go to events and really connect. However now that I am looking for a babysitter and might have some time I've thought of joining. I know they are very big and have lots of functions. I think it is Contra Costa MoMs. This board has been huge for me. 

Good luck on your move, your boys are precious.  

• My sister has a set of twins and another child all 5 and under . They are part of a homeschooling group in the bay area but I have no idea which one so I am no help there. I know they live in Cupertino and have like 7 parks all within 15 mins of them. They love it there. Not sure what part of SF your hubby will be working, SF is a HUGE area and that can determine where you should look. 
  • Welcome to the board! Another mommy of twins here (5 yo now). I also would ditto looking at the East Bay as another option. I was a member of the TVMOTC (Twin Valley Mother of Twins Club) since before my boys were born. They were very helpful pretty much from the day I joined. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"