Preemies
Options

6mo Preemie 3mo adjusted age is TEETHING!

DD was born at 27w6d 7/27/11 and she is doing everything a 6 month old baby should be doing.  However, when we were at the pediatrician's office on Wednesday we told her pediatrician that she has her two bottom teeth buds in and the two bottom teeth are about to come thru any day now.  Now I am with DD everyday and I can see that her two bottom teeth buds are becoming more and more profound everyday so why did he seem confused as to why she is teething?  I know her adjusted age is 3 months and she is only lacking in the size dept she is 9lb 5oz and 23 inches long but she has caught up with her motor skills and development to match what a 6 month old baby is doing. 

Anyone ever go thru teething at an early stage for your preemie?  

Also...DD WILL NOT chew on anything but her hand and maybe her NUK pacifier.  Advice on a teething toy or contraption would be SO helpful!  

Thanks!

Olivia Madison born July 27th, 2011 at 27w6d at 10:44pm 1lb 11oz 13 1/2 inches delivered c-section due to Severe Preeclampsia and PIH

Re: 6mo Preemie 3mo adjusted age is TEETHING!

• Options
    Teething is rough no matter WHAT age...LOL as my two kiddos got older I got mini bagels and froze them and would give them a half of a frozen bagel.. i would in the end have to vacuum up all the bagel pieces but it seemed to REALLY REALLY help.. for your little kiddo I would suggest a washrag.. put it in a ziploc throw it in the freezer and then give them the washrag to chew on when they started getting fussy!!!! I hope this helps!! Sending LOTS of thoughts and prayers your way, as you guys make it threw the hurdle of teething!!!!
    Pregnancy Ticker image
  • Options
    Teething strikes whenever! I'm sorry - it stinks. DS had a tooth bud come through in October - so 7 mo actual and 5 adjusted. Needless to say he'd been "teething" several weeks before that. Nothing else has happened since then - plenty of teething, but no teeth.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    What my sister has done is she takes a washcloth and freezes it and her kids seem to be okay with that.
    Married to Brandon since 2/14/06
    Twin Girls born on January 1st 2012:Brooklyn Avery(Brooke) & Eliana Meredith(Ellie)
    Ellie and Brooke both have Juvenile Diabetes
    Adopted a Brother and Sister in January of 2012
    Levi Ryan-October 25th 2007 and Caroline Paige(Carly)-July 23rd 2009
    Jonah Samuel born April 21st 2013
    Expecting Baby #6-June 2014!
  • Options
    Zoey is getting a tooth in on the bottom already and she just hit 2 months actual yesterday. Yes, 2 months. So far we have been freezing pacifiers so they are cold for her.
  • Options

DD's favorite teething toy is this triangle that we got from our OT:

https://www.amazon.com/The-Sensory-University-Tri-Chew/dp/B0018BVAD6/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1327891159&sr=8-1

Its easy to hold onto and fits in her mouth well. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"