Eco-Friendly Family
Options

Soda stream

Just got my soda stream (yeah!). It came with cola and diet cola. Not overly thrilled with the flavors (odd after-taste). Enlighten me with other options....

it says 3 pushes for average carbonation. (I'm finding it takes more pushes like 6). Should I hold the button longer??

Re: Soda stream

• Options
    Yep, takes LOTS more than 3 pushes.  You do quick pushes until it buzzes at least 3 times.  I prefer 5.  I never have liked the cola and diet cola flavors.  I LOVE diet rootbeer, pink grapefruit (Fresca), and the one that resembles Dr. Pepper (can't remember their name).  
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

I actually don't like any of the flavors and make my own ginger ale. Take a ginger root and cut it up into slices - boil with sugar water to taste, making a simple syrup. then just add to water to taste. I also use juice. I'm not a huge cola fan anyway though. 

I usually hold down the button until it buzzes 2-3 times and it's plenty bubbly for me.

I love my soda stream!  

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    We don't use any of the SS flavors. We either do plain, splash of real juice, or use Monin syrups.
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options

The soda stream soda flavors all have Splenda in them, even the "regular" (non-diet) ones. I personally think that tastes gross, but to each their own.

We use ours to make fizzy water only but I might have to check out some of the PP's suggestions.

• Options
    No Splenda in ours (non-US) but still gross. I tried lemonade and blackcurrant juice. Both were yummy. I also upped the carbonation (too much maybe). Tomorrow I'll try making some peach and ginger simple syrups.
  • Options

Definitely takes more than 3 pushes.  Aren't you supposed to hold the button down until it buzzes the 1st time, then do a few more?  I don't use it that much, but DH uses it ALL the time and LOVES it.  It has saved us so much money.  

I'd like to try some of the recipes for making my own syrups, but haven't gotten around to it yet.  I will not drink any of their "regular" syrups, but they do have a naturals line.  While significantly more expensive, it does not have Splenda in it.  When I am in the mood for cola, I use the natural cola syrup they make.  It is decent.  (before I got pregnant I was an AVID pepsi drinker- I'd down 2-3 cans of throwback a day and I don't notice much difference between that and the syrup) 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"