Georgia Babies
Options

NBR: house for rent/sale

Re: NBR: house for rent/sale

• Options
    also, i can email more pics if anyone is interested... daisygirl at davidandstaci dot com
  • Options

Staci....we used a Realtor when listing our house for rent and had a good applicant within 24-hours and they are staying for almost 2.5 years.  So worth the one month rent because they can advertise in areas you can not to reach a more qualified rental pool and they can screen them for you.

Also, there is a scam going on Craigslist for rentals and they will break into your account to change phone numbers, etc.  If you have an agent you don't have to worry about it.

Good luck!

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    imagedbryson:

Staci....we used a Realtor when listing our house for rent and had a good applicant within 24-hours and they are staying for almost 2.5 years.  So worth the one month rent because they can advertise in areas you can not to reach a more qualified rental pool and they can screen them for you.

Also, there is a scam going on Craigslist for rentals and they will break into your account to change phone numbers, etc.  If you have an agent you don't have to worry about it.

Good luck!

So worth the money for a realtor.  They do all the background and credit checks, etc.  Craigslist people who respond to rentals are totally creepy.  

• Options
    imageMLvK:
    imagedbryson:

Good luck!

So worth the money for a realtor.  They do all the background and credit checks, etc.  Craigslist people who respond to rentals are totally creepy.  

They're not ALL creepy. I responded to a Craigslist rental ad and was in the house for over two years. Do with that what you will. :)

Lil' G was born April 25, 2008! Big C was born September 28, 2011! Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    We have always gotten our renters from Craigslist and never had a bad experience in any of our properties. It is easy to run a credit check/backround etc. Maybe if you need more exposure a realtor might be the way to go, but in 9 years we have never gone more than 1 month between renters.
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options

imageamyb05:
    We have always gotten our renters from Craigslist and never had a bad experience in any of our properties. It is easy to run a credit check/backround etc. Maybe if you need more exposure a realtor might be the way to go, but in 9 years we have never gone more than 1 month between renters.

Ditto this.  We have always been able to rent our condo out using Craigslist.  We rented our home out using the Emory Housing Board.

But I will say beware, because as Craigslist has gone more mainstream, there are definitely more creeps and sketchy people.  Never show your home without a male there.

• Options
    imagemaykat:

imageamyb05:

Ditto this.  We have always been able to rent our condo out using Craigslist.  We rented our home out using the Emory Housing Board.

But I will say beware, because as Craigslist has gone more mainstream, there are definitely more creeps and sketchy people.  Never show your home without a male there.

Tritto this - but we didn't use craigslist. We found our renter just by putting up a for rent sign. We got a great renter in 24 hours. We ran a background/credit check and called references, but it was way easier than I thought. I think a lot of it depends on location and demand.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image
  • Options

Thanks ladies :)

We have actually gotten a lot of normal people interest from craigslist, just no tenants yet.  it's only been a month.

BUT - the house we want could be gone any time (the seller - a friend -  has interest) and we don't want to lose it, so we might go the realtor/mls route very soon as well. 

• Options
    @dbryson, I'd love to know more about the scam you're referring to. I just put my house for rent on there.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"