Austin Babies

anyone want to help dress me?

I got this dress today for SIL wedding this summer.  I'm going to shorter it to about knee length. (the ruffle tiers are easy to take off, that will look ok right?)  I need ideas for shoes and jewelry.  I'm not in the wedding but since the rest of my family is I will be in many photos.  It is a formal wedding.

Re: anyone want to help dress me?

• Formal, as in, everyone in tuxes? If so, I wouldn't shorten it, it's really pretty!  My MIL wore a tiered dress similar to that at our wedding and it was gorgeous.
  • imagebrideonjuly8:
    Formal, as in, everyone in tuxes? If so, I wouldn't shorten it, it's really pretty!  My MIL wore a tiered dress similar to that at our wedding and it was gorgeous.

ditto. if it's an evening wedding,  i'd leave it long! that's a beautiful dress.

• Loading the player...
  • imagemcurban:

imagebrideonjuly8:
    Formal, as in, everyone in tuxes? If so, I wouldn't shorten it, it's really pretty!  My MIL wore a tiered dress similar to that at our wedding and it was gorgeous.

ditto. if it's an evening wedding,  i'd leave it long! that's a beautiful dress.

Agree.... it's gorgeous!!!

Baby Birthday Ticker Tickerimage

• imagebrideonjuly8:

Well, it is "formal" as in that is what SIL said, and it is an evening wedding.  BUt, then she said "wear whatever you want." Tongue TiedDH and J will be in tuxes, because they are in the wedding.  I don't know but i would highly doubt all guest will be in tuxes or that dressed up.  I want to be a bit  dressier than I would for most weddings because I will be in the pictures. I don't want it to look like a wedding party dress though, know what I mean.

Hmm...

and any recs on jewelry?  I'm clueless when it comes to accessories. 

• imageA&Jmom:

imagebrideonjuly8:

Well, it is "formal" as in that is what SIL said, and it is an evening wedding.  BUt, then she said "wear whatever you want." Tongue TiedDH and J will be in tuxes, because they are in the wedding.  I don't know but i would highly doubt all guest will be in tuxes or that dressed up.  I want to be a bit  dressier than I would for most weddings because I will be in the pictures. I don't want it to look like a wedding party dress though, know what I mean.

Hmm...

and any recs on jewelry?  I'm clueless when it comes to accessories. 

Do you know what the wedding party dresses are going to look like?  I still think it would be gorgeous to wear long.  Lots of family members wore long dresses at my wedding who weren't in the wedding party. I think it's perfectly fine for family to dress it up a bit, especially since Abby is in the wedding, ya know?

I would just make sure your dress and the BM dresses don't look alike, color, style, etc.  I would not wear a necklace since that neck line is AWESOME, and I would just wear some dangly earrings, like these (in silver):

And maybe an awesome bracelet, like this one (I have it and LOVE it, but in silver):

• I'd leave it long for this wedding and then have it altered to a knee length dress :)

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I think silver shoes would be pretty with that dress. And I agree with the suggestion on dangly earrings and bracelet(s). Gorgeous dress!
  • Hmm.. I think I would keep it long for an evening wedding.  Or, if you shorten it, maybe make it tea length instead of knee length.  I would recommend long earrings (no necklace) a bracelet and maybe a cocktail ring....and an up-do :)
  • Hmmm.. I think I actually go against th grain. I've seen a version of this dress shorter and love it. If the wedding is summer in Texas, you may be miserable with that hot material. I like the jewelry pp posted. Sorry im too lazy to find some, but id just keep it simple - the dress has enough gorge going on.
    Photo by Melissa Glynn
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

• See, so glad I asked.  I would have thought necklace.  Hmm, I don't have my ears pierced (done it twice and am allergic to pretty much all metals in my ears) maybe I can find some dangling clips?  Great bracelet. Will definitely look for silver shoes.  

There is only a maid of honor, she is going to be in a charcoal dress either tea or floor length dress, I've seen the style but don't really remember what it looks like.  It was pretty plain.  It is a summer wedding, but not in Texas, it is in Virginia.  I'll think about the length.  The way it is made I can even have it shortened and then have it altered where the layers can be put back on the make it long again.  It is awesome!  

• I would alter it to a shorter length. Especially if the bridesmaid's dress is tea length. I hate being overdressed. You may find you're not overdressed with it long, but you certainly won't be underdressed with it short.

12 dpo: HCG = 184 Progesterone = 34
    14 dpo: HCG = 529 Progesterone = 24.6
    My Blog
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"