TTC after 35
Options

IUI Discussion with RE

So, after a break, DH and I are meeting with RE to officially start IUI.  Previously, we only got to the blood tests (and DH passed out).  Now, he agrees that we absolutely need to move forward and will go through with the test.  

What questions should I ask the RE?  He has MFI (vol around 30 mill and everything else ok) and I have PCOS but ovulate with regular acupuncture treatments.  I'm really excited to finally move forward.  It took a lot of convincing to get my needle phobe DH to agree.  

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: IUI Discussion with RE

• Options

Congrats on moving forward!!!  I don't have any advice on questions abou the IUI, but I did want to wish you lots of good luck!!! 

And as for your husband's blood draw, it might help if he closes his eyes.  I think for  a lot of people the prick of the needle doesn't bother them as much as seeing their blood flow into the tube.  Or he might try some progressive relaxation exercises.

• Options
    That's exciting.  Good luck as you move ahead!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Congratulations, It took me over a year to get my DH to the fertility center.  We just did our first round of IUI's a week ago Thursday and Friday.  Our RE put me on supplements called DHEA 25 3x a day and CoQ10 100mg 2x a day to help with the egg quality, you may want to ask if they do the same?  The IUI is easy you will feel a tiny bit of cramping during but it really is no big deal... I found the worst part of the whole thing was going for an ultrasound the 3rd day of your menstrual cycle, for me it was a little bit humiliating.  Again though it was my first one and I guess I did not prepare myself well for it.  The hardest part of the IUI is waiting the 2 ww...  The whole process is pretty interesting ask them to explain everything during each visit.  Good luck to you!
  • Options

I would ask about the protocol he would use - clomid, injectibles, progesterone, etc.  Ask about how many monitoring appointments they do.  Ask about costs.  When you're being monitored ask about what they see regarding cysts, follies, etc.  Ask about all your numbers and levels. 

GL with everything!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"