Wyoming Babies

Cheyenne

Hello!

Please give me some info on the city and where the good and bad parts of town are. DH works for UP, so I'll be home alone often, I don't want to live on a scary side of town lol. TIA!!

oa1
Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

? Voted Cool Cat ~ 2012 Sweetpea Mom Awards ?

Follow Me on Pinterest

Re: Cheyenne

• A lot of people say the "south side" of town is the bad part of town, but honestly, it all depends on what part of the "south side" you're in. I live on the south side and my neighborhood is great. Lots of military families, lots of people rent in my neighborhood, but I feel relatively safe here. The north side of town is the more expensive part of town and has the reputation of being the rich, hoity toity side of town. I pretty much grew up on the north side of town though so I disagree, but I digress. We will probably move out east when we are ready because we want land and the school district is better out east.

Let me know if you have other questions! I've lived here all my life and I love it!

Missed M/C 11/5/2010 @ 5 weeks, 3 days* D&C 12/3/2010 at 9 weeks, 3 days
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Thanks so much. How funny that it's the same way here, south is bad (but seriously is scary) and north is snobby. 

Anyway, Where in town is the depot? I've only driven through Cheyenne once, got lost looking for a chickfila, and ended up at Wendy's on the edge of town lol. 

Do you know if renters are dog friendly? I know when we lived in rock springs it was terrible trying to find someone who would let us have our dog.

We don't really need to worry about school just yet, but it's good to know where the better school is. What about day care or mothers day out?

Doctors? I asked about this previously but someone said ft Collins had better doctors.  

oa1

Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Loading the player...
  • imagevnstacie:

Thanks so much. How funny that it's the same way here, south is bad (but seriously is scary) and north is snobby. 

Anyway, Where in town is the depot? I've only driven through Cheyenne once, got lost looking for a chickfila, and ended up at Wendy's on the edge of town lol. The depot is probably what would be considered the cut off between the south side and down town. It's on Lincolnway and Capitol.

Do you know if renters are dog friendly? I know when we lived in rock springs it was terrible trying to find someone who would let us have our dog. Some renters are dog friendly and some aren't. A LOT of the people in my neighborhood that rent have dogs so I'm sure you'll find something.

We don't really need to worry about school just yet, but it's good to know where the better school is. What about day care or mothers day out? There are like a million day cares in town. Like with most daycares, the spots for infants are pretty hard to come by. DD goes to one right by our house in the summer that I just love. I can give you more info on that via email or PM if you want!

Doctors? I asked about this previously but someone said ft Collins had better doctors. DD has been going to the Children's Clinic since she was born. We usually see Dr. Stamphli. She's super nice and we haven't had any issues with her. The only thing I would be more inclined to go to Fort Collins for is if I need to go to the hosiptal, or when I get pregnant again we will go to FoCo for pre-natal care and birth. While I didn't have any issues with them when I had dd, I've heard enough horror stories lately to be leary of going back there to give birth.

• I guess it doesn't really matter if we are close to the depot, i mean everything is fairly close, right? 

Thanks for all the info, we will be up there at the start of next year.  

oa1

Follow Me on Pinterest
  • It literally takes 15 minutes to get from one side of town to the other so I wouldn't worry about being close to the depot.

Let me know if you want to meet up for coffee or something once you get here and get settled!

• That would be great! Thanks, I'll let you know :)
    oa1

Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Starting to look for a home!! 

It's a little difficult!  

oa1

Follow Me on Pinterest
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"