Food Allergy
Options

Food allergies and Vaccines?

(I do not intend to start a vax vs anti vax debate here)

DS is battling with some allergies (suspected MSPI, random hives, eye swellings and eczema).  We are in the process of testing him to try and find out what our culprits are.  At our appt last week with the allergist, he recommend pushing back any vaccines that we possibly could.  He was most concerned with the flu shot, Polio and Hep B. 

LO's 6 month appt is scheduled for this Monday, and I am trying to arm myself with as much information as I possibly can before then.  Has anyone received a similar recommendation from an allergist?  Did you use an alternative vaccination schedule? 

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

Re: Food allergies and Vaccines?

• Options

I would definitely follow your allergists recommendations, until you know the full scope of you LO's allergies.  If you vaccinate, an alternative schedule will still get all the neccesary stuff in before school.  Due to my LO's allergies, I only allowed 1 individual (no combo doses) vaccine to be given at a time.  That way, if there was any sort of reaction, I'd know exactly which one it was to.

IAmPregnant Ticker Support with Integrity
  • Options
    We avoid the flu vac due to the egg allergy...thats the only one. I delayed MMR, but for other reasons that are unrelated to allergies.

Jacob Alexander 7/23/09
    Allergic to Dairy, Eggs and Peanuts Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    Jameson Adam 6/1/11
    Allergic to Peas...so far Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

It's a bad idea to vaccinate when the body is in a state of inflammation (such as allergies). 

I have pretty strong opinions on this one bc I have a vaccine injured child. He did not have food allergies before his vax injury. Now he has severe allergies and chemical sensitivities. At our house, 1+1=2.  

• Options
    We only do one vac. at a time due to the boys' sensitivies.  It's generally not the vaccine (from my understanding) that causes issues with known food sensitivies but the additives (like egg in the flu vaccine).  If you are mid- outbreak or sick then absolutely delay any vaccines until kiddo's body has a chance to heal.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"