Babies on the Brain
Options

Dreaming about babies

On multiple occasions i have had dreams about twins. My husband carries the gene to produce twins and the say twins skip a generation (his father had a twin as a kid that passed in a tragic accident). it isnt just me that dreams about having twins, i have coworkers that dream im going to have twins too.

what are your thoughts? 

Re: Dreaming about babies

• Options
    imageScout2005:

I am fairly confident it doesn't mean anything other than I'd like some pizza. 

Mmmm pizza.

OP, I'm not a twin expert, but I'm pretty sure that YH can't "carry a gene" that has anything to do with twins.

Identical twins are a gentic "oops" where 1 egg splits (has nothing to do with genes) and fraternal twins are because YOU release more than one egg.  Again, nothing to do with YH. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

In that case, my next baby will be walking out of L&D.

And yeah, your DH can't carry any twin gene.  Fraternal twins can run in families, but only through the women, as it is dependent on hyper-ovulation.   It always amazes me how one can be a twin (not the OP, this is speaking in general) and know so little about them.  My SIL is a fraternal twin and is always spouting off about the twin gene.

imageimage
    2 years, 2 surgeries, 2 clomid fails, 2 IUIs, 1 loss, IVF #1 - 10/25/10 = BFP!, DS is now 3.5yrs!
    TTC #2 - 6/12 surgery #3, FET #1 & 1.2 = BFN, 12/2012 FET #2 = BFP! DD is 1.5 yrs!
    Surprise! 12/16/14 BFP, loss #2 12/31/14

I can't wait for the "im getting a divorce" post in 5 years or so because your husbands were fed up with your disgusting chair asses from playing on the knot all day and getting fired 4-5 times for not doing any work. you guys are all winners!! ~ Laur929

• Loading the player...
  • Options

Just so you know twins are not "just" cute 2 babies.  There is a lot that comes with them starting with a high risks pregnancy.  I could write a novel here - if you think it's all easy - go hang out on multiples board for a day or two.  You will stop dreaming very soon.

TTC #1 since August 2007, 3 failed IUI's, first IVF Jan 2010-bfp 1st beta on 01/29/2010 - 871 2nd beta on 2/1/10 -2,651 Twins! Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    imageL&R70707:

In that case, my next baby will be walking out of L&D.

And yeah, your DH can't carry any twin gene.  Fraternal twins can run in families, but only through the women, as it is dependent on hyper-ovulation.   It always amazes me how one can be a twin (not the OP, this is speaking in general) and know so little about them.  My SIL is a fraternal twin and is always spouting off about the twin gene.

This.

Our Little Lady
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Avery - 8.2.07 | Asher - 5.12.10 | Audrey - 11.28.12

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I once dreamed I had a kitten...it didn't happen. I've had a ton of dreams about pregnancy or babies but they've never been right. I would read up on twins and this supposed "twin gene"...maybe getting educated will put your mind to rest.
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I had dream about a week ago that I gave birth to the cutest twin puppiesBig Smile I mean who knows what that meant.. Before I had my twins I never had these weird dreams!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I dreamt once that I gave birth to a horseshoe crap. It was horrifying. Also, the dr who delivered it in my dream is a PhD where I work. I have to make an effort not to act weird around her now.
    imageimage
    7,065/13,000=54.3%
    Started TTC in June 2008. Not bothering any more.

Bonafide thread killah
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"