C-sections
Options

Bleeding after C-Section

I will most likely be having a planned c-section due to a huge fibroid lying low in my ute. How do they get the placenta out? Do you still bleed vaginally PP? I don't know a whole lot about the process to begin with so TIA soooo much for any input!

Re: Bleeding after C-Section

• Options
    You still bleed PP, I bled for 4 weeks.  I don't know how they get the placenta out, and don't really want to know TBH.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

I dont know how they get the placenta out, but my husband said he definitely saw them (I had 2 being that I had twins).  As far as the bleeding I'm 5 weeks post op. and I'm still lightly bleeding (more so spotting now)...so yes you definitely do still bleed.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I didn't understand why c-section moms bled after delivery until about a year ago. They surgically remove the placenta and that leaves an open wound. That's why you bleed. Some women bleed for 6w and others only for a few days. I bled for a week
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
    Photobucket
  • Options

imagemagdalina.h:
    I didn't understand why c-section moms bled after delivery until about a year ago. They surgically remove the placenta and that leaves an open wound. That's why you bleed. Some women bleed for 6w and others only for a few days. I bled for a week

I was, on the other hand, surprised to learn that c/s moms often bleed less than vag moms. Anyway, I bled off and on for 5-6 weeks.

bfp#4 3/19/2014 edd 12/1/2014 please let this be the one!

beta @ 5w0d = 12,026! u/s 4/22/14 @ 8w1d it's twins!

• Options
    If you really want to know how they get the placenta out I would look up a video on YouTube.  When I found out my son was breech and I had to have a c section, I became very curious about the surgery.  I am the kind of person that has to know what is about to go down.  They actually had some real videos on YouTube, it was pretty gross, but very informative.  As far as PP bleeding...yep, I did for about 6-8 weeks after having my son.  It is pretty much like have your cycle for that long and the first week or so it is pretty heavy.  Have plenty of pads and granny panties (binkinis cut at your incision...ouch) at home.  You can't use tampons for a while. 
    PPD/PPA Mom...it has been super hard, but I'm making it! Slow steps...
    Mom to Carter (6), and Calianne (1).  
    Proud VBAC, natural birth, breastfeeding, cloth diapering momma!

• Options
    No clue about the placenta, but yes you still bleed after a c/s. I bled off and on for about 6 weeks.
    After many years and tears our baby boy is finally here
    Born 11-6-10

• Options

IDK how they placenta out. But you do still bleed. I think everyone is going to be different how long you bleed. I stopped heavy bleeding after a week and had light bleeding for another week and now its mostly just spotting.

I agree with the granny panties or with maybe the boxer cut ones because they are just most comfortable. Also have plenty of pads around because you cant use tampons. And you might wanna get some sweat pants that are loose or can go above/below the incision; its uncomfortable having something rub on it.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic 

• Options

I bled for three weeks, stopped for a week, and started spotting a little for another week. 

I suggest buying the Always Infinity pads for PP bleeding. They're thin and very absorbent. LOVED them! Oh, and like PP, definitely wear granny panties. I was in my maternity panties for all the time I was bleeding.

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I bled for a couple of weeks. Breast feeding makes the bleeding stop sooner. Then I didn't have a period for an entire yr due to the bf'ing. I have no clue about the placenta. My hubby just told me that when he came in to the OR, my tummy looked like a crime scene! So I don't want to know what they're doing down there!
    Loving life's blessings!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    imageimageimageimage
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"