April 2011 Moms

When did you finally realize you LO was becoming a toddler? PIP

Chloe began playing with toys correctly this past weekend.  I'm not ready for this!  She was playing with her dinosaur popper thing and was chasing down balls and putting them back in.  She's also putting (or trying to put) the shapes in the shape sorter and driving her cars around the room making 'rrrrrrrrr' noises (although it sounds more like uuuuuuh).

What did your LO's do that reminded you they were getting older (much to quickly).

image Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: When did you finally realize you LO was becoming a toddler? PIP

• I think it was when DD1 could walk (15 mo) and she was interested in playing w/ the activity table. DD2 is not as developed as yours and has only recently learned to hold her bottle.  Cute pics! BTW-we have the same dino ball game!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • when she started to walk.

Mom to 4 wonderful daughters
                                 Breanna, Ellie and 
                                 our 2 rainbow babies.

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Kind of the same as JenniCollins, he is starting to play with his toys the way they were made to be played with instead of just banging them together or chewing on them.  His favorite thing to do right now is play ball.  We throw it back and forth over and over and he claps every time.  He even attempts to catch it in the air!
  • When he started getting pissed off when I took an instrument away from him in music class on Tuesday.
    ~Married- 10.20.2007~ TTC Since- 4.3.2009 ~BFP#1- 8.25.2009 ~ Missed M/C and D&C-10.9.2009 ~BFP#2-8.12.2010 ~ EDD- 4.20.2011~ It
  • Yeah, 9 months hit me like a brick! He started walking, we cut his hair, more teeth popped, he all of a sudden prefers table food over "baby food," mimicks sounds (he totally THINKS he can talk!) and plays with a purpose instead of just eating everything. If I wasn't so tired, I'd have baby fever!

• My DS is nine months old today, and call me crazy, he is still a baby to me.  I have a three year old, and when you compare the two, you just can't call DS a toddler yet.
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imageel25:
    My DS is nine months old today, and call me crazy, he is still a baby to me.  I have a three year old, and when you compare the two, you just can't call DS a toddler yet.

Happy 9 months to you :) We're 9 months today and I can definitely understand when you have an actual toddler to compare, the baby still seems like a baby. To me, Liam hasn't felt like a baby for a while...pretty much since I couldn't walk around nursing him with one arm ;)  

• DS is definitely still my 'baby' boy. He's doing big baby things like pulling himself up. When he stands and hangs off of my legs it's hard to imagine he was an itty bitty newborn not too long ago. Calling him a toddler is not far off. 

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • With DS, he started looking more like a toddler and less like a baby around 1 year old... DD hasn't gotten there yet. Or maybe I'm in denial.
    Old nestie, new name: formerly ckolak:-)
    imageimage
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    Mama's Gonna Buy You A Mockingbird
  • I've decided that my LO isn't becoming a toddler for a while yet. Wink

However, since she's started developing opinions and standing up, I can see it on the horizon. I don't like it.

Our sweet girl is 3!

Lilypie - (R7Ux)

• Basically, last week when she figured out she could push the ottoman (it rolls easily on our tile) around like a walker so she can walk assisted to get to mostly anything she wants to!

BTW, the toy in the pic is amazing! It holds DDs attention for longer than any other toy I have found!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • He's pulling up to stand everywhere, and even taking steps while holding on.  However, he is still very much a baby TYVM.  They're babies till they're 3, and that's my final answer :D
    Photobucket Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"