Military Families

Going away party question (clicky)

.[Poll]
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Going away party question (clicky)

• Our friends hosted a going away party before my husband left because he wouldn't be back before we PCSed. We kind of just considered it a going away party for both of us and didn't have another get together when I left a couple months later.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imageskooz:
    Our friends hosted a going away party before my husband left because he wouldn't be back before we PCSed. We kind of just considered it a going away party for both of us and didn't have another get together when I left a couple months later.

I would probably do something like this. One party as a combined good luck/goodbye party. Then for you and your son I would have a very close dinner party or something with only close family and best friend before you left.  

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • I would probably just have one when DH leaves for boot camp.  My family threw a big party for me the day before I left.  It was nice.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Maybe just something small with close friends and family when he goes to basic, and let your mom throw something a little larger when the two of you PCS.
    photo a436e47a-1fc7-4b2c-aee9-dc94f8169c1f_zpsbbb152f9.jpg photo 301d07a6-bea2-41ae-8e5b-30e66a49659d_zps6d6599b3.jpg photo 80f355e8-ba3f-48d5-aeb4-f6f4c1c72f6e_zps8e4fac15.jpg BabyFruit Ticker Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"