Two Under 2

did you track feedings/diapers with #2?

When DD was a newborn, I wrote down every feeding and diaper change.  

This time, I feel like I've learned a ton and will feed her when she's hungry and change her when she's wet.  I think, especially with feedings, that I really stressed myself out worrying that I was doing it "correctly" and it distracted from her cues.  

Were you more relaxed with this stuff with #2? 

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers image

Re: did you track feedings/diapers with #2?

• I have no clue what I'll actually do but I think i'll still try to track feedings/diapers/sleep.  Mainly because I know the doctor will ask how often she's eating/how much, how many diapers, etc, and I don't think I'll be able to keep up with that kind of thing just in my head.

I'm sure this is one of those times where I can plan as much as I want.. we'll see what really happens. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • We never tracked anything on paper per se, but we just kept a mental note of the last time the baby ate, and tried to ensure they pooped everyday.  We were relaxed with #1, and very relaxed with #2.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • I tracked them for about a week - at the beginning I was so tired, I needed to write it down to remember which side I fed her from and when she last ate.  The hospital sent me home with the paper and I filled it out.  When it ran out of days, I stopped.  With DS, I kept going for a while, but with DD, I only did it for that week.  

TTC#1 = Success on Cycle#19 with Clomid/trigger/b2b IUIs; beta#1 (15dpiui) 200, #2 (18dpiui) 433, #3 (22dpiui) 2356; TTC#2 = Surprise BFP 9/2009; TTC#3 = m/c at 6 wks, 10/29/11; BFP#2 4/1/2012... Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I used the Itzbeen timer with DD1 religiously.   This time I used it for 2 weeks and that was simply for the alarm feature for night time feedings (had to wake her up early on).  

I am SOO much more relaxed - well maybe more distracted by DD1 to take the half a second to push the button on the itzbeen.  Now I feed on the go (walking / playing with DD1) and change both girls every 2 hours (more if needed). 

Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickersLilypie Pregnancy tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"