Babies on the Brain
Options

Good Idea or Bad Idea?

I need another pair of maternity jeans.  

I currently have 1 pair that I really like but they are jeggins and they are too long so they can only be worn with boots.  I am wearing the other pair I have but they are demi panel and have been cutting into my belly in a very odd place for a while (I think they are too small this pregnancy, I say that instead of me being too big!).  

I really want these:  

https://www.destinationmaternity.com/Product.asp?Product_Id=234570457&MasterCategory_Id=MC25

But they are $210.  If I wear them at least 2 times a week for the remainder of my pregnancy that will be 28 times.  That's less than $10 a wear.  Could you justify the price that way?   

Normally I don't mind spending over $200 on jeans but only having 14-20 weeks of use left it seems like a bit of a splurge.  

Also, I have a dress from Destination Maternity with the tags still on it that I will never wear, any idea if I can still exchange for store credit? 

Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Good Idea or Bad Idea?

• Options

I would never spend that much on jeans. Ever. Especially not jeans that I will only get to wear for a few weeks.

That's JMO. You can quite a few pairs of cute maternity jeans for that price!

Taking the Scenic Route
    FET: Success! Beta at 14dp5dt: 2427 TWINS!!
  • Options

Personally, I wouldn't buy them. But I never spend more than $50 on jeans. Thinking of it as $10 a wear if you wear them twice a week is a good way to rationalize it though, and it sounds like you really do need some good jeans. Go for it!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    imageDee1028:

I would never spend that much on jeans. Ever. Especially not jeans that I will only get to wear for a few weeks.

See, I routinely spend that much for my jeans.  I have found that the quality and fit is worth the extra money.   

• Options
    imagemrsadamc 05:
    imageDee1028:

See, I routinely spend that much for my jeans.  I have found that the quality and fit is worth the extra money.   

holy, money bags!! Wink

If you can afford it and are willing to spend that much on jeans that you will only wear for a few more weeks then it's your money. I just think of all the other things I could get for that amount of cash.

Taking the Scenic Route
    FET: Success! Beta at 14dp5dt: 2427 TWINS!!
  • Options
    Having bought cheap maternity jeans last time, I'm definitely going to buy nicer ones when the time comes. I don't know if I'd spend that much. What about gap maternity? I think their jeans are under $100. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

View Full Size Image

• Options

imageMandJS:
    My mom bought me a pair of $200 jeans when I was KU with S (I was around 15 weeks at the time). I felt really bad getting such expensive jeans, BUT my job at the time allowed me to wear jeans to work, so I wore them quite a bit. And I knew I'd want to have more kids. But still. If you find another pair that are comfortable for less, I'd probably do that instead. BUT if you really want them and can afford them, then why not. I HATE that we don't "splurge" simply because it's "maternity" and not something we'll wear forever. Do you have friends or family who might borrow or buy them off you? 

I'll sell them this fall in the local Consignment sale I go to.  I'll be able to get back 25-30% so that won't be terrible.   

• Options

The Mavi jeans are great and aroudn $100.  Maybe those.

photo db44578a-7b8c-4755-ad7b-b5de3ca46717.jpg

• Options
    imageweelass24:

The Mavi jeans are great and aroudn $100.  Maybe those.

I'll have to check these out.  

I'm going to stop by the store on my way home to try things on. 

• Options
    I got my maternity jeans at our Motherhood outlet for about $40. I still wear them often. I could never spend that much on jeans but if you have it, why not? Your calculation could be even better if you calculate wearing them during those awkward PP weeks :)
  • Options

I about had a heart attack spending $50 on mat. jeans that I wore for 2 pregnancies.

I can't even spend $200 on IRL jeans.

If you can and want to do it  - go for it, just no way I would.

TTC#1 Chart
    TTC#2 Chart
    IUI #1 - #4 (repronex trigger) = BFN
    IUI#5 on 10/28/2008 ** BFP 11/10/08 ** EDD 07/21/09 *** It's a GIRL (07/14/09) AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
    med/treatment free BFP 06/28/10. EDD 03/05/11 *** GIRL #2 (02/23/11)
    beta#1 @ 17dpo = 1296 .... beta#2 @ 19dpo = 3034
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
    it's the Bug and Baby Belle!
  • Options

imagecmoosey:
    No way.  I would go to Old Navy or Kohls.  I had awesome jeans from ON. 

I loved my ON maternity jeans.

Personally, I could not spend $200 on jeans, maternity or now. I would say, though, that if you normally spend that much on jeans, go for it. Having maternity clothes you like is worth spending money on them. 

• Options
    are they the true religion ones?  i only wear them when not pregnant and saw motherhood had them in maternity.  i spend $200 + on regular jeans, but not maternity.  im trying to buy as little as possible since you only wear it for a few months. 
  • Options
    imagemrsadamc 05:

imageMandJS:
    My mom bought me a pair of $200 jeans when I was KU with S (I was around 15 weeks at the time). I felt really bad getting such expensive jeans, BUT my job at the time allowed me to wear jeans to work, so I wore them quite a bit. And I knew I'd want to have more kids. But still. If you find another pair that are comfortable for less, I'd probably do that instead. BUT if you really want them and can afford them, then why not. I HATE that we don't "splurge" simply because it's "maternity" and not something we'll wear forever. Do you have friends or family who might borrow or buy them off you? 

I'll sell them this fall in the local Consignment sale I go to.  I'll be able to get back 25-30% so that won't be terrible.   

If I had the money I'd do it. Also, are you planning on having more children? Could you use them for another pregnancy? I think it's a good idea to sell them back too. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"