Maryland Babies
Options

AW: first week of daycare

I know it's not over yet, but I have to gush to someone about how surprised and excited I am about how our first week of daycare is going.  DD turned 3 months this past Sunday, and started on Monday. 

I was the one complaining not long ago about my child hating DH and only sleeping on me, so I expected disaster.  I called on the first day at 2:30 and she had already eaten 3 of her 4 bottles, so I was a little worried.  The next day I sent 5 bottles, each with a half ounce less in them, and she only ate 4.  At least she's eating normally.

Anyway, at daycare she is sleeping in her crib (swaddled), not for hours on end like at home, but get this: now she goes to sleep at a normal time at night and has slept through the night twice!  It is so amazing.  Except for the first day when she was really overtired when we picked her up, she has been happy when we pick her up, everyone there swears she is doing well, and we are both getting more sleep at night.  As hard as it is to leave her, daycare seems to be great for her so far.  Maybe it was just me who needed training.

And now, a gratuitous baby pic:

IMG_2304IMG_3206
Baby Girl #2 is on her way!
Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Re: AW: first week of daycare

• Options
    That's awesome!!!  As hard as it is to leave them, the predictability is so nice!  I'm a SAHM now and I sometimes miss having dd in daycare because our nights were a lot easier. 
    bumping from my phone. please pardon any typos and missing punctuation
  • Options
    That is great that it's going so well!! And your LO is absolutely beautiful! :)
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Someone's getting a little brother!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I'm so glad it's going well!! And what a cute pic!

BFP#1: 01/10, M/C 6w
    BFP#2: 06/10, M/C 5w
    BFP#3: 09/10, DS born June 1, 2011

BFP#4: 07/12, M/C 5w3d
    BFP#5: 12/12, EDD 08/18/13
    Pregnancy Ticker

My Blog: Decorate This
  • Options
    That's wonderful news! Love the picture too!

• Options
    yay!  this is great
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I can't see the pic at work, but that is so great about how well she's doing at daycare! It makes it so much easier on the parents when the child adapts well, and I love what daycare has done for DD in her short little life. 
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options

That is wonderful news....and OMG she is too cute.

We are in a similar boat.....baby B is almost done with week 3 of daycare and they tell me he is a dream baby and adjusting so well. I was also worried since he loved to sleep on me and nurse constantly but he is doing great. I am glad things are going well for you guys!

Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Thanks for the post it was great to hear your story as I am in the midst of going back to work and nervous about leaving my son. So happy it is going well for you and what a cutie pie!
  • Options

imagejcsntms06:
    That's wonderful news! Love the picture too!

Me too!  yay!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"