C-sections

2+ breech babies?

Hi.  I don't normally post here, but I've been reading the posts since I had a c-section with my son, and I'll probably have another one soon.

My son was breech, and this baby is also breech.  Anyone here has had 2+ breech presentations?   

m/c - Dec 2005, DS - March 27, 2007, m/c - Oct 2009, DD - Feb 20, 2012

Proud mother of two breech babies:)

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: 2+ breech babies?

• I am on my second breech baby.  I will have a rcs on Monday.  I was really hoping for that vbac but I knew going in that this baby probably won't turn after she was in the same position as DD was at 28 wk growth scan.  Dr. keeps saying it prob has something to do with shape of uterus.  I feel defective:(

Good luck.  How far along are you?  

• imageLisamarie913:

Sorry I could have just looked at your siggy!  

Will your Dr. do a version for you?  Mine wouldn't because of the previous c/s but I've heard some Drs do.  I wouldn't have wanted to try again anyways since it didn't work the first time and coupled with the risks of the c/s, it just didn't seem like the safest thing to do.

• Loading the player...
  • imageLisamarie913:

I am on my second breech baby.  I will have a rcs on Monday.  I was really hoping for that vbac but I knew going in that this baby probably won't turn after she was in the same position as DD was at 28 wk growth scan.  Dr. keeps saying it prob has something to do with shape of uterus.  I feel defective:(

I feel exactly the same!  I can't help but feeling defective...  I also knew this baby won't turn once he/she turned breech around 28 weeks.  My son had his head high up on the right side, and this one is on the left side.  I'm thinking I have a heart-shaped uterus.  My ob wouldn't do a version because I had a c-section before too.  She was very pro-vbac, so it's really disappointing, but I just know this baby will not turn.  I'm mentally preparing myself to have another c-section.

Good luck with your delivery!  

• I had two breech presentations. They both flipped last minute w/ Webster technique. My chiropractor told me that one of hip ligaments was tight and pulling on the uterus (changing shape), she loosened it up and bam - felt baby flip less than 24 hours later.
  • My first was breech from 19 weeks and I had low fluid so he had to wear a helmet after he was born since his heads had my ribs in them. This time the baby was stuck in my pelvis at my 20 week u/s, but both are posterior. I am just waiting to go in for my 25 week u/s and see this baby breech. Either way I am having a c-section with this one due to other issues, so let the games begin :)
  • imageStrawberrywine:
    I had two breech presentations. They both flipped last minute w/ Webster technique. My chiropractor told me that one of hip ligaments was tight and pulling on the uterus (changing shape), she loosened it up and bam - felt baby flip less than 24 hours later.

Wish I had tried this early on.  My dr kept saying she would probably turn, even in labor.  He gave me all chances for a vaginal birth but ultimately my water broke early and she was a footling.  Next time I will definitely not wait around.  I'd do this every week if it meant no c/s!

OP: Good luck with your delivery!  It's amazing some of the premonitions you get while pregnant.  I absolutely knew DD wouldn't turn!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imageStrawberrywine:
    I had two breech presentations. They both flipped last minute w/ Webster technique. My chiropractor told me that one of hip ligaments was tight and pulling on the uterus (changing shape), she loosened it up and bam - felt baby flip less than 24 hours later.

Webster technique is probably the only thing I haven't tried so far.  I'm seeing acupuncturist, I do moxibustion and exercise, I tried flipping in the swimming pool, etc...  I didn't want to wait until it was too late, so I started paying attention at 28 weeks, but nothing worked so far.  My chiropractor doesn't believe in Webster technique, but maybe I should find someone who does... 

• I don't know what there is not to believe in the webster technique. It's basically manipulating so gently your pelvic muscles and ligaments. It looked like stretching and helping to massage ligaments. Honestly that was it. Hunt for a chiropractor that does it.
  • imageStrawberrywine:
    I don't know what there is not to believe in the webster technique. It's basically manipulating so gently your pelvic muscles and ligaments. It looked like stretching and helping to massage ligaments. Honestly that was it. Hunt for a chiropractor that does it.

I definitely will!  I had yet another ultrasound today (I've been having extra with my perinatologist), and she said the baby has plenty of space and fluid to turn, and he/she is not stuck like my son was...  Hopefully, it'll work...

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"