Northern California Babies

BOMB checks

How'd we do this week ladies? 

And in honor of my crazy "reverse" strategy this week (I tried to flip my eating and eat more in the morning, much less at night), what's the craziest thing you've ever done for a diet?  You know, no carbs, eating only cabbage soup, any of those silly "tricks"?  Did it work?

The Boy Wonder 8/23/06 & The Famous Baby 6/1/10
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: BOMB checks

• I'm not sure how my "reverse eating" worked out.  I kind of this it's not the plan for me.  I don't know, I guess we shall see when I weigh in tomorrow.  

I have done no carbs, no flour/no sugar, etc.  Carbs are TOTALLY what make me gain weight.  I have decided after many years that it is completely stupid for me to try to go that route permanantly, because I just gain it back when I go back to "real life".  I do still use it if I need a quick slim down for a wedding or to fit into something, but I know it will be back.  

Unfortunately "Eat less, move more" is the only thing that works for me.  Darn it!   Surprise

• Oh here's a goo done: 

My mom told me last week that Dr. Oz says if you eat a tablespoon of sunflower seeds a day it will redistribute your belly fat.  I'm like, "re-distribute it to WHERE?!?!" and we both laughed for like 20 minute.  Ah...  weight watchers humor.  Hardy har har!

• Loading the player...
  • I went to a cardio kickboxing class at a studio one block from my house. I loved it. I might do this 3x a week.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Not a good week.  I was ill on Tuesday so I've felt off all week.  
    imageimage
    107 Read/listened to in 2011: 91 Books/16 Audiobooks
    Read 2012: 33/50
  • I lost TWO pounds!  Whoop! 

That is good, will keep me motivated to better stay on track this weekend.  My MIL is coming for lunch tomorrow so I'll be drinking most of my points tomorrow night, heh. 

• I've never done any fad diets. Well, maybe the sugar detox, but that was more about retraining tastebuds/breaking an addiction than a weightloss thing.  For me I try really hard to change my lifestyle over all. Paleo/primal living is a lifestyle that makes the most sense to me. It's lower carb than the  standard american diet, but not as low carb as Atkins. It's a lifestyle,  not something you go off of. That isn't to say I will be totally grain free. When I go out to eat (maybe once a week?), I have what ever I want, but at home it is all natural, no grain, high fat.
    Greyson Ray ~ July 31 2006 | WinterRose Elizabeth ~ April 28th 2010 Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    The Blog | BirthbyKellyM
  • I've lost almost 2 lbs. this week.  The Husband and I decided to have a weight loss challenge for the next 5 weeks because H's first birthday is on March 3rd and I'm bummed that I'm not going to make the weight loss goal I had for her birthday.  His challenge goal is to lose 10 lbs by then, mine is to lose 5.  Whoever gets closest to the goal (or reaches it/passes it) gets $100 to spend entirely on his/herself.  He would spend it on video games and I would spend it at the outlet mall.  :)

I've never done any fad diets because I don't believe in their sustainability.  But when I started WW and learned to drink a lot more water, I did find that on days that I remembered to drink plenty of water, my weight would be down the next day, and on days when I forgot, my weight would be up or would stay the same.  It's nothing crazy, but it was a fun experiment!  

PM me for our family/baby blog

Haley Beth ~ March 3rd, 2011

• imageKellyMRocks:
    I've never done any fad diets. Well, maybe the sugar detox, but that was more about retraining tastebuds/breaking an addiction than a weightloss thing.  For me I try really hard to change my lifestyle over all. Paleo/primal living is a lifestyle that makes the most sense to me. It's lower carb than the  standard american diet, but not as low carb as Atkins. It's a lifestyle,  not something you go off of. That isn't to say I will be totally grain free. When I go out to eat (maybe once a week?), I have what ever I want, but at home it is all natural, no grain, high fat.

Of course, it ain't easy. I really want a turkey sandwich right now!

Greyson Ray ~ July 31 2006 | WinterRose Elizabeth ~ April 28th 2010 Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    The Blog | BirthbyKellyM
  • I did pretty good this week! Met my water/smoothie/salad goal and did well on eating overall. Ate past 8:30 twice this week but it was because the kids fought bedtime. Got all my cardio workouts in but missed one sstrength. Oh well. I also had the courage to get back on the scale since before Christmas; I was relieved to see it was down almost 3 pounds. So while I def fell off the wagon a bit over the holidays, I did not do too much damage and I should still be able to meet my goal by my 30 th birthday. BTW: this checkin totally helped keep me honest!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"