C-sections
Options

Working out after C-Section?

How long after your c sections did you start working out? (sit ups even...)

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Working out after C-Section?

• Options
    6 weeks on the button. I started very slowly and modified everything so I could strengthen the muscles without overdoing it. I was just reminiscing the other day at Stroller Strides about how I started out at the back of the group struggling to keep up and now I'm up front. Only took a year! :)
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickersLilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

• Options
    To answere your question, 6 weeks but started very, very, slowly. But I really wanted to reply to this post to say OMG, your twins are the CUTEST!!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

imagemanbearpig31610:
    To answere your question, 6 weeks but started very, very, slowly. But I really wanted to reply to this post to say OMG, your twins are the CUTEST!!

Why thank you! It's so crazy how fast they change...they already look so different from that pic and it's only been a few weeks! :)

• Options
    I waited until almost 3 months pp to really workout.  I just dieted and walked before that.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image
  • Options
    We were out on fast paced walks 1wk PP and I went running at 3 weeks PP (a week earlier than officially cleared, but my dr. told me I could go 2-4 weeks PP, whenever I felt up to it). I have to wait until 6 weeks to do any ab exercises.
    Baby Charchie born 12/22/2011
  • Options

I started treadmill walking at 5 weeks.  Then easy eliptical and a few crunches at 6 weeks.  I've bee very slowly building back up to where I used to be! 

BFP #1 August 2007, Lost Nov 2007, no heartbeat found at anatomy ultrasound at 19 wks
    BFP #2 March 2011, Baby Girl born November 2011!!!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Walking about 3 days post c-section, ab exercises about 2 weeks post c-section, walking as far as I'd want to run (3-5 miles at a time) about 3 weeks, yoga around 5 and running at about 5.5 weeks post c-section.  Really, really running 7-8 weeks after. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I really really want to start working out because I feel great but I know that I can strain something so I'm waiting until 6wks. :(
  • Options

You people running a few weeks pp are crazy Stick out tongue

My c/s took a toll on my energy. I started going for walks regularly 3-4 weeks pp (it was also April in the Canadian prairies - snow and ice and slush everywhere, so I was limited). I started a walk & stroller class at the track 9 wks pp. I had to modify the ab exercises to next to nothing at first but by the end of the 2x/wk 5 wk class I could do most everything.

bfp#4 3/19/2014 edd 12/1/2014 please let this be the one!

beta @ 5w0d = 12,026! u/s 4/22/14 @ 8w1d it's twins!

• Options
    Wow, I feel lazy now.  I started walking regularly around the mall and outside when it was nice at about 4/5 weeks, and just started working out again a few weeks ago (around 3 months). 
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • Options
    10 weeks.
    After many years and tears our baby boy is finally here
    Born 11-6-10

• Options
    I'm 8 days post cs and I had my first workout. It was only a 30min brisk walk but towards the last 10min I definitely could feel my incision throbbing. Sign to me to take it a bit easy for another week or so. I'd like to get back to turbo kickbox and/or spinning in a few weeks.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"