Northern California Babies

Party menu

For Emme's party menu I have planned so far for pb&j sandwiches cut into shapes, fresh fruit salad, veggies with dip, chips with dip, and cupcakes for dessert. I am expecting about 10 kids and 15-20 adults. I feel like I should add a more adult like food but I don't know what. Any ideas? I am trying to keep costs low because I am ordering capes for all the kids and I would prefer to avoid things like pizza.

Re: Party menu

• What about building your own sandwich station for adults? have a platter of cold cuts, cheese, bread/sandwich rolls and other fixings. Or mini chicken wings or several small appetizers to choose from.
    Me (33)& DX: DOR, FSH-20.3; DH(28):SA=normal 8/11 HSG= clear!
    IUI #1 10/12/11 (Bravelle + HCG + Prometrium & acupuncture) = 10/26 BFP! Beta #1=250, Beta #2= 615. 1st u/s 11/8. image Visit The Nest! Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I will add that the party is from 4-8pm so I do expect to feed the parents that come. I have no problem with that. What about a sandwich platter from someplace like Togo's?
  • Loading the player...
  • imageleolyns:
    What about building your own sandwich station for adults? have a platter of cold cuts, cheese, bread/sandwich rolls and other fixings. Or mini chicken wings or several small appetizers to choose from.

I like those ideas! Thanks. 

• i think a platter from togos is more expensive than just buying the sandwich fixins.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • We went to a birthday party for our friend's 1 year-old last year, and all the food was geared towards kids (although there were more adults than kids there). They had PB&J and ham & cheese (with no condiments or veggies), both on white bread cut into small triangles with no crust. Fine for the kids... but it didn't really do much for DH and I since they were pretty skimpy. We ended up leaving the party kind of hungry, and went to get a snack elsewhere. It wasn't a huge deal for us -- but for some people it might be.

I'd definitely provide a more "adult" selection. Deli trays (or ordering sandwiches from Subway or Togos) is a great option.

Or, you could also provide a "build your own nachos" station, with tortilla chips, and lots of toppings (beans, guac, cheese, olives, sour cream, shredded lettuce, chilis, grilled chicken strips, ground beef, etc.)

Mama's Clone - 07/18/12

• Do a deli plate from Safeway or Raley's and maybe add another salad type of food...like a potato or pasta salad. Easy, doesn't need to be heated and will fill up the adults for dinner.
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • do you have costco membership? they do roll-ups and sandwiches which are well priced and yummy!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imagefjaril:
    do you have costco membership? they do roll-ups and sandwiches which are well priced and yummy!

Those turkey pinwheel sandwich wraps are good! And I think one of those and some small apps would be great for the adults especially since this party is going to be during dinnertime for most. 

Me (33)& DX: DOR, FSH-20.3; DH(28):SA=normal 8/11 HSG= clear!
    IUI #1 10/12/11 (Bravelle + HCG + Prometrium & acupuncture) = 10/26 BFP! Beta #1=250, Beta #2= 615. 1st u/s 11/8. image Visit The Nest! Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"