Georgia Babies

Relocating to ATL

We may be moved to Atlanta within the next month or two with my husbands job from Pittsburgh PA. Any ideas of where to live? We 'll be renting while in search for a home. Nice apartment complexes? We have one in Lithia Springs we have our eye on Avonlea Tributary. Comments? Other suggestions.

Also what are some good towns and school districts to live in? Our son is 6 mo now.

Thanks

AW 

Re: Relocating to ATL

• It all depends on where your husband is working
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imagefrlcb:
    It all depends on where your husband is working

This.  Traffic is a total nightmare and even a simple 10 mile drive could take you 2+ hours if you don't time it right.

• Loading the player...
  • Definitely agree with the others yall need to look near where he is working for your apt and for a new house. Traffic in atlanta is horrible.
    BFP 12/23/07, M/C 1/25/08 Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • He'll be working in or close to city. He lived there 6 yrs ago and commuted from lithia springs. I would say something not over half hour drive.
  • imagekeckam:
    He'll be working in or close to city.

Not trying to beat a dead horse, but "in" or "close to" makes a HUGE difference.

EDD 1/8/10 - our sweet sunshine DD born 12/30/09
    EDD 2/15/14 - Stillbirth at 21 wks 10/02/13
    EDD 8/12/15 - MMC 1/12/15
    EDD 12/24/15

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• imagekeckam:
    He'll be working in or close to city. He lived there 6 yrs ago and commuted from lithia springs. I would say something not over half hour drive.

It completely depends on where he works. I live 7 miles from where I work and it usually takes me a half hour or more if there's even a possibility of rain.

Derek 6.30.09 & Parker 4.1.11
    Family
  • We rented a house in the Tributary (Riverbanks side) when we first moved to Atlanta. It is out of the way of everything. Nice houses, but really glad didn't buy there. Nice community, family oriented people, but yeah, out of the way of everything.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"