Babies: 6 - 9 Months

Pears and tummy upset?

Has anyone's LO had an upset tummy after eating pears? Wholesome baby website has some warnings on that for babies under six months. My LO is six months next week and we were planning to try pears tonight. He does have a sensitive tummy (MSPI). I did peel and steam the pears before making the puree.
Brady Hunter 08/12/08 Carter Joseph 07/31/11 image

Re: Pears and tummy upset?

• We did pears about the week before she turned six months and no issues... she loves them!

Oh, and we are allergic to soy Smile

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • LO's been eating pears for about two weeks now. No issues but I have read that all the 'p' foods can be helpful with bowel movements. Maybe that's the real problem if they get it too young?

DS is not quite 6months and we started out with sweet potato, then avacado, banana and then pears.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • My daughter has had blow outs from pears, apples, mango, peaches...I just think the water content is higher than her system has had before with sweet potatoes, avocado, bananas and squash.
  • Maybe cut back on the amount you give him. You should only be letting him taste test food right now and not making it his main source of nutrients. Just keep an eye on portion size, hopefully that will help. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"