Baby Showers

Anyone having a "Mustache Bash" Babyshower?

I saw this cute idea about a Mustache Bash. Has anyone ever been to one or is having one for a little boy babyshower?

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Anyone having a "Mustache Bash" Babyshower?

• This mustache thing seems to be all the rage lately, and quite honestly - I don't get it.  I'm not saying this to be snarky.  I really just don't get what's funny/appealing/ or... whatever... about a mustached themed party. 

I really feel like I missed the memo on this new trend!

"Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy."
    ~Benjamin Franklin

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    DS dx with celiac disease 5/28/10

• Never heard of it.
    Daisypath Happy Birthday tickersDaisypath Happy Birthday tickersPitaPata Cat tickers

• Loading the player...
  • me neither..lol

• I've seen this theme done for birthday parties, but not so much babyshowers.  That might be pretty difficult to pull off.  If you google it, there are a ton of ideas. 

Here are a few links to birthday parties: 

https://www.chiccheapnursery.com/2011/baby-shower/little-man-mustache-birthday-bash-party-ideas-for-little-boys/

https://pizzazzerie.com/parties/childrens-parties/little-man-birthday-party/

I think the idea stems from the photo booth and the props they use.

Trying for #1 since May 2010   l   DX ~ Unexplained Infertility June 2011

IUI #1&2 = BFN; IUI #3 = BFP, m/c @ 6 weeks

November '11 ~ IVF#1 ~ ER 11/18 (29R, 17F) ~ 5dt of one beautiful blast on 11/23 = BFP!!

Beta #1 9dp5dt = 116, P4 = 28 ~ Beta #2 13dp5dt = 700 ~ Beta #3 20dp5dt = 9500, P4 = 26

1st u/s 12/27 - hb of 156!! EDD 8.10.12 :)   **TEAM GREEN!**

Sweet baby boy born 8.18.12

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Trying for #2

FET #1 - October '13 - c/p   l   FET #2 - December '13 - cancelled :(   l   FET #2.2 - 1.30.14 - BFN

~ More testing - hysteroscopy, endometrial biopsy & more b/w - all normal / negative~

Surprise BFP while waiting on FET #3 ~ beta #1 500; beta #2 1600; first u/s 4/3 - measuring 5w5d, no hb yet!; 2nd u/s 4/10 - hb 132, measuring 6w6d - EDD 11.29.14 :)    **TEAM GREEN!**

Beautiful baby girl born 11.24.14

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• I'm throwing a Little Man/Mustache Bash Baby Shower for my brother and his GF. I have a board on pinterest with different ideas I'm kicking around.

https://pinterest.com/bunnywife/nephew-s-baby-shower/
  • Honestly? Cliche hipster nonsense.
  • I don't get the mustache thing. A couple things are funny but I definitely don't get a mustache bash babyshower. I think it will be something you'll feel really stupid about in a few years.
  • Never heard of it.  Personally I hate mustaches (and my husband has one!!) because to me:  mustache=germy.  I know I'm weird...but I really do NOT like mustaches.
  • I have never heard of one and by first impression it sounds super trashy
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I don't mean to be a downer either, but I know someone who just had a mustache themed baby shower and to be honest, my first reaction was  "gross". Obviously, not all people are going to think this way- but I think mustaches are almost as far away from "cute baby boy" as you can get. For me, I associate mustaches with dirty old men who are just nasty..... I mean really....they are creepy. Sorry. Just sayin.
    image BabyFruit Ticker
  • imagediscobelle:

imagemrs.moosie:
    I'm throwing a Little Man/Mustache Bash Baby Shower for my brother and his GF. I have a board on pinterest with different ideas I'm kicking around.

https://pinterest.com/bunnywife/nephew-s-baby-shower/

Cute.  :)

I realize that the theme is not for everyone, but it's fun and different. My brother and his GF are in their 20s and love silly, fun things. It's not really their style to have a polka dots/safari/flowers/teddy bears or whatever theme. I'm having a great time working the mustaches and bow ties into the different elements of the shower. I can't wait for them to see it!

Anyway, OP, I hope the Pinboard helps. And, if you want, feel free to PM me if you have questions. I'm a reg on the NorCal board and you can also page me there if you want. Good luck, and have fun!

• imageappleorchard2:
    I don't get the mustache thing. A couple things are funny but I definitely don't get a mustache bash babyshower. I think it will be something you'll feel really stupid about in a few years.

I liked the mustache trend until I read this. Good point! 

•  Thank you for the link. I think it's cute and I understand it's not for everyone. This is my 3rd shower and my 3rd boy. I want something fun :)

When is the shower? I would love to see the pictures!!

• for whatever reason my whole family is obsessed with mustaches

literally at every family event theres stick on mustaches

so because of this i would do this, but only for that reason.

(and dont ask me why my family loves them because i really dont know) 

Me: 29 | SO: 28
    Started Dating SO: 9/26/2009
    DS Born: 6/02/2012
    Tied the Knot: 11/14/2015
    Trying for Number Two since 9/1/15
    BFP!!! Baby 2 Due: 12/6/21
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"