Pregnant after 35
Options

NST help with GD?

Ok, I've already had it with these NST's.  Because I'm on insulin for GD I have to have NST's twice a week.  Last week and today I got sent up to L&D after my appt because this LO will not cooperate.  Her heartbeat is fine, but she won't move so they can get enough of a reading on how her heartrate accelerates and comes back.  The minute I get hooked up at L&D she's just fine and meets criteria in 5 minutes.  I can't have juice because of the GD and I have a full glass of ice water every time I'm at the Dr's.  I have tried music, laying down, sitting up, laying on my side, pushing on her and buzzing her with the buzzer they have.  Any other suggestions on what I could do as I'm really fed up with having to go to the hospital for what feels like absolutely no reason.  The dr's are never concerned based on how good her heart rate is but because she "doesn't pass the criteria" with movement I get sent.

TIA

Re: NST help with GD?

• Options
    I have not tried pop.  I don't have a problem with that because I just limit it to one a day if I have any.  I will give that a shot on Monday and see how that works.  Thanks!!
  • Options
    Maybe you could eat your normal meal 1 hour before NST so the baby will be more active.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

I don't have any advice here, but I wanted to wish you luck!

(DS was very cooperative with my NSTs and I enjoyed them immensly, especially since it gave me extra time away from work! HA)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"