Houston Babies

Infant shoes?

I vaguely recall a conversation here about shoes for babies...but of course, didn't save it.  what should I be looking for?  I'm feeling lazy, so if you just tell me what to buy, that would work too.  :)
Have you seen my monkey?

Re: Infant shoes?

•  I think you really want to look for a sole that is flexible

I could not stomach spending $40+ a pair at stride rite.  I didn't like how they looked and I didn't think they were very flexible looking.

I did go there to be sized though.

PAGAS suggested Rileyroo's which I can say enough great things about. I bought 2 pairs off shoebuy (using a coupon) for the same price at one pair of striderites.I got a plain pair of brown t-strap an black mary janes.  The are very flexible and do great on C's wide feet.

I don't think she needs as flexible of a sole anymore but I got the next size up because they were so great.

• I was just doing cheapy soft sole ones (like from carters or target) but needed something that he couldnt get off as we were flying and I didnt want him running around barefoot in the airport.

So I went to a boutique and dropped the $40 on ONE pair of PediPeds. I never thought I'd do such a thing but they were nice looking and they worked.  He could NOT get them off.  He wore them for a LONG time so we got our money's worth.  That is the only pair of $$ shoe's we've bought.  

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • I bought Kyle a pair of StrideRite shoes that were half off at Nordstroms.
    DSC02496
    5/17/09 Silverlake Sprint Triathlon 1:28:32
    10/3/09 Susan G. Komen 5K 28:58
    1/17/10 Chevron Half Marathon 2:09:08
    2/27/10 ConocoPhilips Rodeo Run 10K 1:10:49
  • I took DD to Stride rite and got her sized, then bought stuff on super sale in her size. Since she has wide feet, we bought See Kai Run and Pedipeds. LOVE Pedipeds.

You want soft soles at first, and then super flexible up until age 2. 

imageimage

• We had a pair of RileyRoos (I think we got them on babysteals or another deal site for cheaper than regular price). and a 2 pairs of Robeez (super sale on a website I saw from Baby Cheapskate).

I highly recommend getting them sized at Stride Rite even if you don't buy anything there.  

Abbie Rose 9.26.2004
    Collin Thayne 10.11.2010
  • Checkout the Pedipeds website.  They are having a sale this weekend.
  • Here's an old post I saved about shoes to give you some more opinions. :-)

https://community.thebump.com/cs/ks/forums/thread/21628564.aspx?MsdVisit=1

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"