Health & Exercise
Options

Stretch marks with second pregnancy?

Hi!  I'm in my second pregnancy and was wondering about stretch marks.

For those of you who are in you second or third pregnancy and didn't get stretch marks the first time around---Did you get any the second time?  

And for those that did the first time, did you also get them the second time?  More or less? 

Thank you! 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image image image Pregnancy Ticker

Re: Stretch marks with second pregnancy?

• Options
    I didn't get them with either pregnancy.
  • Options
    I got them with my first pregnancy (at the VERY end) and didn't get them the second time around.  The second time the pregnancy went 3 weeks longer and I gained a little more weight, too.
    imageimage Ashley Sawtelle Photography
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    No stretch marks either pregnancy.
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers PitaPata Dog tickers
  • Options
    None for me in 3 pregnancies.
    Caroline (5), Kyle (3), Lucy (01/04/12)

2012 Goal: working towards pre-pregnancy speed!
    04/15 KI Metric Marathon/16.3 m (2:05:55, 7:43 pace)
    05/06 Frederick 13.1 (1:41:09)
    11/04 NYCM
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options

I had a few the first time, second time I gained less weight overall but had new and worse stretch marks which have taken a long time to fade :(

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options

The current research suggests that the main risk factors for stretch marks are maternal age (younger women develop more stretch marks), weight gain in pregnancy, family history and increased birth weight (i.e heavier babies). Unfortunately, the evidence does not support that cocoa butter reduces stretch marks. I hope this information helps.

Dr. Miriam Hanson, Dermatologist

www.sanovadermatology.com

• Options
    imagemiriamhanson2000:

The current research suggests that the main risk factors for stretch marks are maternal age (younger women develop more stretch marks), weight gain in pregnancy, family history and increased birth weight (i.e heavier babies). Unfortunately, the evidence does not support that cocoa butter reduces stretch marks. I hope this information helps.

Dr. Miriam Hanson, Dermatologist

www.sanovadermatology.com

I would have never thought this. Is there a theory behind this?

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"