Babies on the Brain
Options

Ham in a can

Is ham that comes in a metal tin type container  condensed, like minced and put back together? Or is it a hunk of meat that been cut to fit into the can?

MIL is telling me is regular ham but I'm not sure if thats because she knows I don't know any better (no ham growing up) or because it's the truth.

It looks like minced nastiness to me but wtf do I know. 

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Ham in a can

• Options
    I'm pretty sure its pressed meat - processed within an inch of its life and shoved back into the can. Not real ham by any means. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

View Full Size Image

• Options

well there are two types of canned ham - spam type processed products, and real ham meat that has been de-boned and bound/pressed into a can.  Back in the day/overseas it was the primary way of getting ham at a cheaper price - baked ham with cherries and pineapple slices was a 70's dinner for guest staple.

I've never had canned ham myself, but supposedly you can do a lot with it if it is a good canned ham. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I worked at a grocery store and the nastiest thing I saw was a whole chicken in a can.... Yes we opened it and sure enough, it was a whole chicken. Bone and all! Ick!
    ~Those who do not believe in love at first sight have obviously never given birth~ <a href="http://s1082.photobucket.com/albums/j380/Caitlyn_Blake/?action=view
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"