Pre-School and Daycare
Options

Pullups - skin sensitivity

My DD gets terrible eczema, and I have totally gotten it under control - until we started using Pampers PullUps.  I wasn't even thinking of the whole diaper 'scandal', but it is clear that her bottom is breaking out from the pullups.  I am aware that the pullups need to be changed more often, they feel wetter, so it leaves more wetness against the skin.  That is definitely not the issue - DD is breaking out like where she sits, in the small of her back (like right above her crack, for lack of a better term), along the leg holes.. basically everywhere.

Any similar experiences?  Suggestions?  Can anyone recommend a training pant that maybe doesn't have fragrance, like a wholesale club brand or even target or walmart?  I bought Huggies Pullups today, but I couldn't tell by smelling the plastic pack if the pullups are scented (which is the first thing I'm trying to get rid of).  I don't even care if the knockoff ones are not so great, I really don't want my DD's behind to get so bad it is blistering :(

ETA: by Pampers diaper "scandal", I mean all the claims that Pampers were causing rashes, mild to blistering.  We were not using Pampers at that time anyway.

Re: Pullups - skin sensitivity

• Options
    I do not have any recommendaations, but my youngest gets itchy in the same spot. It does not matter what brand we use (have used them all), and now that he is in underwear most of the time (except nap/bed) he is still getting a rash. I just try to put lotion on it to help. He still has this problem in underwear ; (
    Boy 1 2/06 - Boy 2 12/07 - Boy 3 9/09
  • Options
    Ds broke out in huge welts all over from EVERY brand of pull ups that opened on the side. I'm pretty sure they are all made by the same company and relabeled. We tried about 5 varieties of those and he broke out everywhere they touched. He had no issues with Pampers brand or Publix brand - neither of which opened on the side (which sucked because you had to take their pants completely off and their shoes to change them). 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    DD1 had a horrible reaction to pull-ups.  In particular it was the huggies brand.  The second they touched her skin she broke out in hives.  Generics had the same reaction.  We had better luck with pampers, as they only caused a reaction when she wet them.   Obviously we couldn't use either.  We went with cloth trainers.  We had some from One Step Ahead and some from a WAHM on hyena cart that we could stuff to get the absorbency right.  They weren't a perfect solution, but I could stand a little leaking to avoid DD1 breaking out in hives.  I personally think that it was the chemicals from the wetness indicator that did DD1 in, as we never had that issue with disposable diapers.  I think with DS that we might just try something like seventh generation that won't have the wetness indicator/less chemicals.  Good luck.
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"