Military Families
Options

? about child support/alimony

Does anyone know what the percentage of pay you are allowed in child support and alimony from an active duty member?  Thanks!
Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: ? about child support/alimony

• Options
    Him being Military doesn't entitle you to more support. The court will go off his total income. The thing that helps you with him being military is if he slacks on support you can report him to his unit and they will take action against him and an alottment would be set up to detuct automatically from his pay.
  • Options

imageplumerialost:
    Does anyone know what the percentage of pay you are allowed in child support and alimony from an active duty member?  Thanks!

Child support and alimony are not affected by the TYPE of job one has.  These are STATES issues/laws/precedents (though there are a couple federal laws on the books that are there supposedly to protect the servicemember). 

You will need to look at your state's (the one that you are filing in) child support calculator and what the current precedents/laws are regarding alimony. 

The ONLY positive about being divorced from a Servicemember is that the money can come DIRECTLY through DFAS. 

file:///Users/Ilumine/Desktop/Family%20Portrait%20for%20gift.jpg
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Depends on state law, like everyone else has said. Military status doesn't affect it at all.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    It is affected by military BUT if you were married for 10 years with 10 concurrent years of active duty military service, then you are entitled to a percentage of his retirement.  You can find this information out on dfas.mil by searching for the QDRO (Qualified Domestic Relations Order). 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Like the rest of them said, all depends on state laws. I do know that my husband's child support money comes straight out of his paycheck. So the military makes sure they're on time, all the time. That is as long as he sets it up.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

Thanks. I was just wondering b/c STBXH said it could only be a certain percentage and so did my lawyer's paralegal. She it was  a military thing. I will look into it more.  :)

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"