Baby Showers

Non-baby related shower gifts-appropriate?

Hi there!

My mom and I are throwing my sister a baby shower at a nice tuscan style restaurant. The interior won't match traditional baby decorations, in fact they would clash. I was thinking to embrace the existing look and throw a tuscan themed baby shower by:

-naming the tables italian locations they visited while on honeymoon (and pictures of them on the appropriate table)

-sunflowers/grape accents

-guest favors such as; cappucino mix, olive oil, sunflower seed packets, homemade biscotti,and wine

Are these good ideas? Appropriate? I know I personally prefer usable gifts, rather than plastic bottles filled with candy.

Please help! 

Re: Non-baby related shower gifts-appropriate?

• I hate favors... but those sound pretty good actually.  I'd too would much rather have something usable than a cheap things I'll just throw out as soon as I get home.
  • imagebryantlr:

Hi there!

My mom and I are throwing my sister a baby shower at a nice tuscan style restaurant. The interior won't match traditional baby decorations, in fact they would clash. I was thinking to embrace the existing look and throw a tuscan themed baby shower by:

-naming the tables italian locations they visited while on honeymoon (and pictures of them on the appropriate table)

-sunflowers/grape accents

-guest favors such as; cappucino mix, olive oil, sunflower seed packets, homemade biscotti,and wine

Are these good ideas? Appropriate? I know I personally prefer usable gifts, rather than plastic bottles filled with candy.

Please help! 

I think this sounds much better than crappy candy that I will throw away when I get home.

Also, I think the decorations you have in mind sound great!  I think you have put a lot of thought into and will make it a unique shower vs cookie cutter.

Baby Boy born on 1/14/13
  • Loading the player...
  • I think these are all great ideas. I don't think that a baby shower doesn't have to look like BRU or the pink or blue section at Parties Plus threw up all over the venue. Sounds tasteful. What a lucky MTB!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFetus Ticker
  • Run it by your sister and as long as she think it sounds good, I would go with it.  Sounds good to me!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • This sounds like fun! You should go for it Smile
  • Definitely appropriate and very clever.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I think this sounds lovely ... then again I'm one that believes in serving alcohol at baby showers so I'm not sure I'm much help. :)

Our Journey to Brenden

IVF #1: 4/11(Follistim/Menopur/Ganirelix) 10 retrieved/8 mature and all 8 fertilized / 2 embies transferred ... nothing to freeze Beta 5/10 = BFN

IVF Take 2 Long Lupron July 2011

ER 7/3/11 (our 6th anniversary) - 8 retrieved/7 mature/fert ....ET 7/6/11 - 2 beautiful grade A 8 cell embryos

Beta 7/18/11 - 149!!! Beta 7/21/11 - 311 Beta 7/28/11 - 2,000 8/5/11 - Empty Sac 8/8/11 - There's a yolk sac and maybe a heartbeat 8/12/11 - Fetal pole, yolk sac, heartbeat 8/18/11 - Baby looks GREAT!
    3 babies waiting on ice

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

• I think all of those things sound great with the exception of the honeymoon pictures.  If they are just pics of the places (without people in them) then that is fine.  Are you planning to give everyone cappucino mix, olive oil, sunflower seed packets, howmade biscotti and wine?  Wouldn't that be quite costly?  You could pick just one thing and give that though.

I don't think you have to stick with any particular theme even though it is a baby shower. 

Personally, I love getting candy for favors.  Yum!

• i think it sounds great
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I had a baby shower (and my sister's bridal shower) at a Tuscan-themed restaurant.  The place was already decorated, so there was no real need to bring in a ton of extra decor.  We just brought centerpieces, that doubled as favors.  Sounds like you have a lot of fun ideas, good luck!
  • I like the theme of it except for your favor. Why not just do biscotti as a take home favor? 

I hope the family is forwarding-thinking - I can just hear the oldhead's now - "there's not even any baby stuff here" 

• I love this!  It's so creative and non-traditional!  What a lucky MTB!!

Nancy James 9.1.12

Calvin Donald 8.27.14

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"