Northern California Babies
Options

Not having a good day as a mom

I am not having a good day as a mom and it is not even 8am yet. I woke up at 2:30 am unable to sleep. I was just getting back to sleep at 4:30 when E started fussing and decided it was time to wake up. We got up and went to lay down in the living room. About 15 mins later I am just zoning out when I hear "mommy I'm hungry." so I get up and get her a granola bar. I let her eat it on the sofa because I don't care. 15 mins later I am zoning out again when I hear "mommy I want music." I tell her no. Rinse and repeat evey 15 minutes until I finally have to get up at 6am. At this point I have lost all patience. I put her in the shower with me and get ready. DH gets up after that because of course he was able to sleep through it all and he was the recipient of an evil "you can die" look. I told him I have no patience for E this morning. He was understanding and let me be. I hope my mood changes before I pick up E from school because DH will be at poker tonight and it is just me and her for dinner and bedtime.

Re: Not having a good day as a mom

• Options
    Hang in there!  The only bright spot to a 4:30 AM wake up call is that you can likely have a very early bedtime!
  • Options
    I was the lucky winner of a 4:30am wake up myself last week so I know how you feel.  The upside was both kids were sound asleep a tad before 6:30, hopefully E goes down super early for you tonight so you can have some peace and quiet.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"