Adoption
Options

So thankful

We got word yesterday that our social worker (who we didn't connect with at all) is going to have her co-worker from another city do our home study because she is just too busy. This makes me happy for a variety of reasons I shall list out for you: 

1) Most importantly, we're moving on to our interviews and are nearly done with our home study.

2) Since she is from a different town, we will have to do all our interviews in one day which means we are taking about 8 weeks off the time frame to send our paperwork to Bulgaria.  

3) I've heard great things about this new social worker. We're excited to meet her. 

4) I won't have to deal with our local home study agency for awhile - I need a break. I've never wanted so badly to hear from someone and, at the same time, NOT deal with with someone in my whole life. :) 

I'm so grateful. She said we should be able to schedule our day of interviews for the week of the 6th. Soon!

Our experience with our home study agency has been frustrating. It's so hard to feel like you have to hold your tongue because they will be writing the favorable report. Seriously though, I hope we get a comment card after this is all over. Last week, we caught the secretary in an all out lie. I wanted to call her out on it, but my husband in all his wisdom, said we should just leave it be because there would be nothing to gain by outting her.

It sucks when you have only one option in your city. 

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers

Re: So thankful

• Options

That's good news!  I hope the process with the new SW goes more smoothly. 

As I said in the post above, I can definitely sympathize with agency problems -- we've had all sorts of frustrations with our agency.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"