Georgia Babies
Options

Haircuts

My mom is a hairdresser.  She cuts mine and the boys hair.  She has a little fire truck seat at her shop for them to sit in.  She has candy.  Jax is so good.  Cooper is not.  He screams like each strand of hair has feelings.  Crazy.

So...I am thinking about trying one of those places like pigtails and crew cuts (?)  can you tell me your thoughts on them?  Do they do a pretty good job?  Any bad hair cuts? Any recs on the acworth/Woodstock/kennesaw side of town? 

Re: Haircuts

• Options
    I've been taking DS to Snip-its in John's Creek for about 4 months now. They are super fast when cutting hair, yet they do a great job. Each stylist has a small tv with a Snip-its cartoon for the LOs to watch and have lots of toys to play with. You can either hold them or they can sit on their own in the chair. DS has never fussed once when getting his haircut there. I don't know of any places on that side of ATL since we're fairly new to the ATL area.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    We do Pigtails & Crewcuts (West Cobb) and Snip Its (The Avenues East Cobb).  We tend to do Snip Its more b/c they are open on Sundays and its just easier for us to go over there after church.  Gavin does pretty well, but after about 5 min he gets antsy so they have to be really quick.  I try to stick with an easy cut- 3 guard and blended on top.  If he gets too fussy, I give him a sucker till she's finished. 

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Abigail's only had two haircuts and both times we went to pigtails & crew cuts in west Cobb across from th avenues. We had positive experiences both times.
    Abigail Taylor 09.18.2008

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Cadence has only had 2 hair cuts as well. She had them both at Snip-its at The Avenues East Cobb. I love it there, but I think the $17.95 price tag is steep! Once Trevor gets a decent amount of hair and needs regular cuts I'm going to have to figure something else out!
    Pregnancy Ticker

DD- 9
    DS-6
    c/p- April 2016
    missed m/c- 6w5d; discovered 8w2d- September 2016

• Options
    And all this is why my poor little brother had homemade crew cuts until 9th grade. LOL.
    Lil' G was born April 25, 2008! Big C was born September 28, 2011! Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options

imagemyrall:
    And all this is why my poor little brother had homemade crew cuts until 9th grade. LOL.

::Like button::

Pregnancy Ticker

DD- 9
    DS-6
    c/p- April 2016
    missed m/c- 6w5d; discovered 8w2d- September 2016

• Options
    I thought they were all a little pricey and Adam screamed like they were killing him no matter who cut his hair (or how much tv was on, or how many suckers I let him have, ...).  The only thing I had luck with is letting my husband cut it with the clippers.  I think the only reason it works is I let him sit outside (his favorite place) and it seriously takes maybe 2 minutes from start to finish.  My husband is actually getting pretty good at it.
    imageLilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    My boys actually love to get their hair cut, although they have both gone through phases when then were about 18 months when they hated it and screamed the entire.  We go to Salon Red Kids and even though it's $18/kid (not to mention now completely out of our way since we moved), I don't mind paying it because they do a great job.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"