January 2011 Moms

Professional Pictures

When do you plan on doing them after after 12 months? I had them done newborn, 3 months, 6 months, 9 months, 12 month with the same photgrapher. So now i'm thinking maybe 18 month and 24 month pictures or just 24 months? What are you doing?

TIA

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Professional Pictures

• My DH told me I'm not allowed anymore! I did newborn, Christmas, 12 month - I should tell him about you and that he needs to shut his mouth!

I think we'll just do yearly Christmas, birthday, and then those mall pictures with the Easter Bunny. My house already has way too many pictures and now that I'm pg again I'll need to share the wall space. But they are so darn cute it's hard to resist! 

• We will have family portraits done some time this year. Not sure if it will be spring/summer/fall and then we will have his 2 year photos.

• Loading the player...
  • I really have to simmer down on the prof pics. I did 3 months, 6, 9 and Christmas. omg.

I'll probably wait and do 18 months. If I can hold out that long!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • We did newborn, 3 month, 6 month, 9 month, family pictures, Christmas card pictures. We'll do 12 month pics in a couple weeks, then 18 months & 24 months. Every year after that on their birthdays and we always do family pics in the fall.

All that said, my mom is a professional photographer and all of those pictures are gifts to her grandkids.

Even if that wasn't the case though I would do every 3 months the first year then every year after that, probably skip 18 months.

• We haven't taken any. I do my own little photo shoot at home every month with my point and shoot. It's not fancy, but it's good enough.

I had intentions of getting pro pics done of her, but kept putting it off. First, I wanted her sitting, then it was standing, and now comfortable walking on rough terrain (I'd like to do a shoot in a field or on a beach or some place natural). I'd like to do a family shoot when my belly gets bigger, but at the same time I question what the point of that is when we'll need new family pics once #2 is born.

• imageSweetHurricane:

We haven't taken any. I do my own little photo shoot at home every month with my point and shoot. It's not fancy, but it's good enough.

I had intentions of getting pro pics done of her, but kept putting it off. First, I wanted her sitting, then it was standing, and now comfortable walking on rough terrain (I'd like to do a shoot in a field or on a beach or some place natural). I'd like to do a family shoot when my belly gets bigger, but at the same time I question what the point of that is when we'll need new family pics once #2 is born.

I thought that too, but we took family pics when I was 30 weeks pregnant with Emily. I love them. I'm glad we have pictures of just the three of us since that was our first little family. Plus I'm not big into traditional maternity pictures so I like that as my "maternity" photo too.

• imageMrsLynnyD:

My DH told me I'm not allowed anymore! I did newborn, Christmas, 12 month - I should tell him about you and that he needs to shut his mouth!

I think we'll just do yearly Christmas, birthday, and then those mall pictures with the Easter Bunny. My house already has way too many pictures and now that I'm pg again I'll need to share the wall space. But they are so darn cute it's hard to resist! 

I know what you mean i'm obsessed with picture taking i had them taken every month i went to walmart on the months i wasnt getting professional ones done with the photographer, and did two special christmas sessions for x-mas cards since i wanted her year pictures to be seperate from christmas since she was born a week before christmas. My fiance fought me the whole time until recently when we started going through my child hood pictures for our wedding slideshow and i only have 8 pictures and only two of me as an actual baby so he understands my reasoning somewhat now.

I plan on doing 18 month pictures, 24 month pictures and christmas pictures. I like the easter bunny idea too i think i might try that this year, and will definetly do santa pictures again this year.

• imageSweetHurricane:

We haven't taken any. I do my own little photo shoot at home every month with my point and shoot. It's not fancy, but it's good enough.

I always did a little photo shoot with my dd every friday and then a monthy pitcure using the onesie stickers i bought on etsy. I havent done them though since she turned a year.Sometimes i like those better than the ones i get taken at walmart.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"