Single Parents

Pregnant with First and Single

I was just looking to connect with some people who can empathize to my situation. Most of the moms-to-be I see on these websites seem to have a husband or at least be in a relationship. I broke up with my ex for very good reasons and 11 days later found out I was pregnant. It wasn't an ugly break-up but it was well thought out and getting back together is not an option. The healthiest choice for my baby is to do this as a single mother. Whether his/her father is involved will be up to him. My ex says he wants and has made some efforts so far to but it's also very early in.

So basically, long story short, I will be a single mom. Now is my time to get excited, eat healthy, take care of my body and plan plan plan!! I was just hoping there might be other woman who have chosen to do this on their own right from the very beginning!

:) 

Re: Pregnant with First and Single

• Welcome, I was a single parent from about eight months pg on (when we separated).
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I had also just broken up with my daughter's father when I found out I was pregnant. We tried to get back together but were officially done at about 8 weeks! Being single and pregnant is hard but you totally have the right idea, that it's all about eating right, taking care of yourself and preparing for motherhood. You can do it! By the way, I was single for the first 7 years of my daughter's life (I mean, I dated on and off but nothing serious) and then I did finally meet a great dude, got married and now I'm pregnant with #2. Every time I look at my husband I think of how glad I am I waited for the right one! One day you will look at your husband and think the same!

Feel free to private message me if you ever need a buddy who's been through it.

• Loading the player...
  • Hi! I am in the same situation. My ex and I broke up and a week later, surprise, I'm pregnant! I do not want to get back together with him. He has way to many issues he needs to work out and a LOT of growing up to do. He wants to be involved, but everything he does to move forward with that, he does at least 3 things that are terrible and cancel it out. I want my child to have a father that is an active part of its life, but right now it is hard to see that happening. I also think that in my situation, being single is by far the healthiest choice.

And I think that it's good you did not get back together with him just because you are having a baby. That just doesn't seem like a good enough reason to me.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• I am in the same boat :) nice to meet you ladies
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"