May 2011 Moms

8 month old feeding schedule...

So I am debating if we should switch his schedule or keep with what we are doing since it is working. We had been doing 3 6 oz bottles during the day in addition to morning and night nursing. The LCs at our BF group told me to cut them to 4 oz since I am having trouble pumping enough to keep up (luckily I still have a fairly large freezer stash) and he will make up for it in the morning and night nursings. I don't want him to be starving though so I cut them to 5 oz. Right now we do:

6AM - nurse

9AM - nurse or bottle

9:30/10AM - breakfast (stage 2 fruit with 1/4 cup yogurt, or a yo baby yogurt with 1 tbsp oatmeal)

12:30PM - nurse or bottle

1PM - lunch (stage 2 veggie with 1-2 tbsp oatmeal cereal)

3:30/4PM - nurse or bottle

5PM - dinner (stage 2 protein (chicken, turkey, mac n cheese) with 2-3 tbsp oatmeal or barley cereal), followed by puffs/pastina/shredded cheese/cut up steamed veggies or some other finger food to play around with

7PM - nurse

Iam debating switching it up a bit because I feel like breakfast is so late after he wakes up I was thinking:

6AM - nurse

8AM - breakfast

10AM - nurse or bottle (i would up back to 6 or 7 oz)

12:30 - lunch

3PM - nurse or bottle (again back up to 6 or 7 oz)

5PM - dinner

7PM nurse

Should I mess with it or stick with what is working? Anyone else's LO drop a bottle/nursing from 5 a day to 4 yet? Am I overthinking this (as usual)? LOL

Re: 8 month old feeding schedule...

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"